Custom Follower doesnt Match Created Preset

Shalena2903

I created an Follower using Enhanced Character Edit, KS Hairdros and so on.
I did the thing with Nose 32 and his last saved preset and of course the spf thing too.
but the Output isnt even close to what it was supposed too look like.

Any fixes/alternatives for this?

Well, you did include CharacterMakingExtender.esp as a master file when you generated FaceGen? I should also note there's no way around using vanilla Race Morph and Chargen Morph file paths with ECE made heads if you really want it to look exactly like your preset on the NPC, since ECE's inner functions won't morph it properly otherwise. That being said, if your follower is of a vanilla race, definitely keep these file paths in your HeadPart records as default, or change them back. I had to figure this out myself until I finally got the outcome I wanted.

Edited by Pokestar

The only file path in your HeadPart records you may change really is the Tri file path if you've got custom .tri files to pack with your follower, which might apply unique facial expressions to it. Female Facial Animation, for example. Other than Tri, the Race Morph and Chargen Morph files are entirely useless to your follower afterwards, since they are ONLY there for morphing and generating FaceGen in the first place: These are the files that morph your head exactly the way you intended it to look in-game. Thus, after you've succesfully generated FaceGen, these files are literally unused by either your and any other NPC in the game with generated FaceGen, their head shape is saved in a .nif model file.

In short: You never needed to change your Tri, Race Morph and Chargen Morph files paths in the first place to share your follower, it'll work perfectly fine with default ones set.

Edited by Pokestar

I tried it now with the default Path for Racemorph and Chargen Morph, also maked an completely new actor and new Facegen Data (deletet the old ones) but still the same. i am gettin the Error, that some head parts in the spf files cannot be found.

In the Preview she looked alright and fine, but ingame...well still the same from the mistake picture.

Edit: I´m loading every Time Skyrim.esm CharacterMakerExtender.esp EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp and my own esp into CK

Edited by Shalena2903

I'm sure we can figure this out. And since you mentioned that .spf file, I'm pretty certain what your problem is. The following is what I'd recommend you to do, step by step:

1. Go in-game and open up the race menu, load up your preset.

2. Exit character creation: Save your head as one of the slots, NOT presets. Exit the game.

3. Open up Creation Kit.

4. Load like this: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, CharacterMakingExtender.esp (NOT EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp) as plugin files by ONLY double-clicking on them + YourMod.esp as the active file by single-clicking on it and then selecting "Set as Active File".

5. Go to your actor and go to the Character Gen Parts tab, import your .spf file there (Since I had literally not any tintmasks (scars, makeup, ...) put on my actor, I've never used this file myself, but it should work fine).

6. Now, important: Check the Base Head Parts box, you'll now need to change each HeadPart to the one you created for your actor.

7. Check the Additional Head Parts box: If there's nothing listed but "MarksFemaleHumanoid00NoGash", delete that. Otherwise, leave the box as it is.

8. Go to the Character Gen Morphs tab and select NoseType32. Now click OK and close your actor window.

9. Final step: On the categories list on the very left, expand "Actors" and select "Actor". Having that selected, search for your follower. Click on it, press Ctrl + F4. It will prompt you to confirm, click OK, wait a moment and save your plugin. Done.

If your follower's head now still doesn't look as intended in-game, please send me a PM and I might check your work out for myself to find the issue. :)