I would REALLY like it if the Fallout 4 Mobile App worked with Fallout 4 VR.

PitfireX

TL:DR - I would like the Fallout 4 mobile app to work in Fallout 4 VR so that my friend can be like a helpful A.I. and do pip boy stuff while I play in VR.

I have a friend that plays probably 10x more fallout than I do, and i've played a fair amount. Anyways the other day, he was over and after he played some FO4VR, we discussed a fun VATS build and I wanted to hop in and have him help me flesh it out in early stages. Long story short I walk into a room, and I jokingly said "Cortana, how many hostiles come up on scan" Well he had played so long that he knew and said "3 up the stairs on your left, drop down to 2 more and then 3 across the walkway" We then got the idea that if we could connect FO4VR to the mobile app, he could get accurate map readouts of my area, stim me when needed, set waypoints for me, and swap weapons on my command.

And the fact that it was never updated for Far Harbor or Nuka World I wouldn't hold my breath. :verymad: I am one who likes the app I use it on my Ipad while I play but again they stopped updating it with Automatron.

There is a mod for that, they said! Little did they know, to get a mobile app on iphone that "patches" a store app, we may need to jailbreak the phone and all those headaches. Or maybe someone will side load an app. But doing so may open up a few security vulnerabilities.