I wish to learn to code, so I thought start with a simple mod to help, and I ask for your assistance

omegaaf

I am truly sorry to bother all of you and ask of such a time consuming task. I live on disability and simply can't afford certain amenities, such as a tutor.

Now I understand a lot more than most about computers so rest assured, I am not by any means a "n00b." I am a hardware guy, and I have some general drawbacks when it comes to learning new language, specifically. I don't know a lot about terminology within programming so that might be a great place to start for any who may wish to lend a hand.

Now, the mod I wish to create is simple and covers a few areas I feel would help with different types of arguments and programming. It is outlined as follows:

After the bombs have fallen and you arise from the depths of V111, the surrounding area is littered with boxes, these boxes are only accessible by a number of keys. Each container will contain specific amounts of items depending on the type of laid back game you want to play (Yes, this is heavily inspired by the legalization of a certain something in Canada). For instance, one set of containers may be labelled "V111 Recreational Supplies" and contain certain items like special, one off comic books that boost S.P.E.C.I.A.L. 5, 10, 25, 50, even 100 extra to all. specific, even varied amount of S.P.E.C.I.A.L., or even perks, destroying the key for those specific containers in the process. Another set of containers, perhaps a pile of luggage with two bodies nearby, showing they packed far too much and simply couldn't carry it all. Within these containers, depending on which of them you choose, will contain X/y/z amounts of prewar money. Of course, I would like to try this for even materials, but have small notes on random enemies that only appear once that give a clue as to where to find the supplies of 1000, 5,000, or 10,000 of X material.

Now I am sorry if this would actually be a lot more difficult than I presume it is, I simply wish to keep learning as I don't want my mind to rot.

Any help or pointers, even small little walkthroughs would be greatly appreciated and I want to thank any who may wish to help from the bottom of my heart.