My categories has gone

sakalli

Hello I just have my mod categories gone, the mods are still standing in skyrim/date folder, but besides the new mods I'm currently installing all has been gone from my nexus mod manager mod folder. How do I bring them back ?

If you still dont get it I got around a hundred mods in "unassigned" category now the category is empty but mods still standing, I want my category back.

in NMM there is a menu to the side (where you can add mods from files and such)

there is a category section , where you can reset your categories to Nexus' default , as well as reset your unassigned mods to the Nexus' default categories

so as long as you have an up to date version of NMM (a version that can connect to the servers) , you should be able to do this

if this doesn't answer the question , please explain the issue with more details (or even provide an image) , as I might not fully understand the issue

ok , I didn't understand the issue

try checking if you are using a different profile (to clear it up , not a different account , but a different mod profile)

because it looks like maybe your older mods are in an older profile

I haven't really used NMM in a long while , so I'm not really sure about some of the newer features and how they work , so I may be wrong here

https://imgur.com/a/MhQXzAJ

there are no other profiles it seems. for explanation, I didnt play skyrim like 6 months I think, when I come back to playing it, it was empty I make my mod manager up to date hoping it will revert back nope, it didnt. I didnt delete my profile either.

is there something I'm missing ? if not any hope bringing the mods on the category ?

actually maybe there is , but you'll need to check this

I don't know how your NMM was set up when you last played the game , but you should check that it now points to the same mod folder you once used

for example , if you used to install mods directly to your game's directory (as was the case before the addition of profiles and such) , you would need to either do that again , or make a fresh installation (that means removing all the mods from the game's directory , and installing them via NMM again)

I'm not sure this would be the issue , but as I've said I haven't used NMM in a really long time , so I haven't really followed the features added , and when they were added

but I would check your game's directory , to see if there are any plugins there (aside from the base game and DLC master files)

I wasnt manually installing, I was installing via NMM. As I said there was around 100 mods in that category. I've already stated the mods in skyrim/date cateory are just fine. I just think whole category going null for no reason really odd. I have an idea maybe you can help me.

If I copy the mod .rar files to directly where 2nd pic (to clarify NMM/Skyrim/Mods) folder, is there a chance to revert them back ? because besides the new mods I've installed the mod category (not normal skyrim/date one, the nexus one) is completely empty. So I think it might work, but I'm scared to ruin things man.

maybe I didn't make myself clear , so I'll try to explain what I meant

back when I used NMM , it would install your mods directly to your Data folder . this wasn't a manual install , you would install through NMM , but it would install your mods directly to your Data folder

so I suggested looking at your Data folder , to see if it contains any mod files

but again , I don't know when the option to install mods to a different folder was introduced , so I don't know if you've used it in the past

however , maybe you are now trying to install mods to a different directory than you did in the past?

can you find where your old mods are installed on your PC?

• 2 months later...

So this same problem happened to me. I could not get my categories back after trying to reinstall NMM while being logged in on both NMM and the website. The ONLY way I could get all my categories to go back was to save the categories.xml file before I reinstalled everything. Close out NMM, and copy/paist the categories.xml file to the new location. Worked like a charm!