Health gate (no oneshot when healthy)

warptens

Health gate is a mechanic from Borderlands that can be roughly summed up like this:

When your health is above 50%, you can't die in one hit.

Instead of dying, you live with like 5% of your health and you get a couple seconds of invulnerability.

Health gate is great. Instead of the "this is dumb" feeling of getting oneshot, you get the adrenaline rush of nearly dying.

Also, it balances the game by making enemies that were designed for a stronger character somewhat fightable. Could be especially helpful for harmonizing uneven mods.

What do you think?

I like idea for this mod!

Sadly can't make it myself, so all you get from me is suporting post...

There is one issue tho: if you are at say 5% of health, you could just then use full healing potion and never die in that instance. Perhaps penalty for healing potions would fix it, so you need to either find cover, finish fight or use healing spells to leave from range of "death". That would make it not overpowered then.

I support this!

How about the invulnerability lasts for about 3 seconds and get a Damage Over Time(bleed?) effect based on the damage accumulated on that invul' period, including the damage that wouldve hit you into the negative HP value. You can use healing spells right after it expires (making the restoration school worth it) and potions 12 seconds after that?(Unless you have the realistic potions thingie)

-This way there's still a window to die and you cant really fight back while you are trying to heal up. Immersive!

What about others using restoration spells on you? There are mods wich allows your followers to use spells you teach them on you under centrain conditions, so it would make sense if they would be able to heal you before said invulnevability ends.

What about healing based on said regeneration boost? Argonian race ability is such example of that, also there are some regeneration potions too...

They also should be usable based on cooldown?