Replacing one armor model with another?

Xialoh

TL;DR - I'd like to replace a number of armor models with Mastercrafted Bear Armor 3. Any help or advice appreciated.

I remember I did something like this early on when the game released using someone else's mod, all I had to do was edit some things in a text file. Made gryphon armor have the look of bear armor 2 iirc. Nothing seems that simple now.

To summarize though, I want to replace all models of bear/feline/gryphon armor with the bear Mastercrafted look (so bear armor 3 in console). I'm already using one mod that sort of does this for the feline armors, but I don't really want to stick to just those stats. I pretty much want to play normally, choose armor as I go, but have the Mastercrafted Bear armor look the whole while.

Is this easily done, or would it take extensive modding experience? I'm not really averse to doing it myself if it's as simple as changing some text like I remember, but it seems things changed, or something. Not a full on request, but if this is a simple thing, I'd appreciate this change. Or a link to something I've overlooked.

Ah yes, that might be a complicated but effective solution...I'd decided against using this a few days ago for a number of reasons while my game was broken despite a fairly minimal number of mods I was using. But, I've since managed to get more things functioning properly after figuring out all these extra tools. AMM is worth a second consideration, but after banging my head against a wall for the last week or so and finally having things running well, I'm hesitant to try it. Lot involved in the installation, lot of after-install steps, lot of comments suggesting it's a problematic thing to use without running into problems.

Gonna read around on it some more and possibly give it a go. Still open to solutions that may be...somewhat less likely to wreak havoc on my game if anyone knows anything though :cool:. Thanks for the reminder.