Feedback after two mods installed

subtle54

I'm doing the real alpha thing, fresh install of Skyrim SE, just like a new user. Not a happy vegemite,, after installing my first two mods.

1. fmod or any pop up window needs to be modless. I tried to do a custom install of SMIM, I had my notes for it all ready to go and this gigantic immovable window plonks itself in the Middle ot my Screen taking focus evverytime i filled in an entry pushing my notes to the rear. In the end I just went back to start screen and selected the option for everything. After i did that, I moved Vortex half off the screen while I was reading something. and bam another immovable popup window, but it poped up half off the screen so I couldn't read it, it was a warnning of somekind about two files. but because the popup was immovable I couldn't get the warning and I had to take some action to get the window to disappear. So for everyone's sake please change these windows to MODLESS.

2. ok, I looked and I've looked but for the life of me i can't find where I'm supposed to put the shortcuts for all my tools, i.e. Loot, Creation Kit, SSEEdit, Wrye Bash etc etc?

3. i thought also there would be a merge mod funnction this time, or is that still inn the works, this being an alfpha release?

That's my two bob's worth at first glance. Sorry it was so negative.

1) I have never seen anyone report that problem. You are breaking new ground. All the FOMODs I have used have been small and well behaved.

2) Click the upper left Icon called Dashboard

Scroll to the bottom and add your tools using the "+ Add Tool". These are game specific, so choose your game first.

3) There is no Merge Mod function that I am aware of.

Thanks for the reply, muchly apppreciated.Weill I'm well into ths now, love the overide feature, excellent for an experienced user, but think someone new would end up throwing up their hands and walking away. Perhaps a Loot based order as the staple,, with the current brilliant system as the experienced option.

Just confirming what I've read elsewhere multuple downloads of a file from a single request. Random events but occur often.

Yep, modaless popups and mod merge function and I'd be singing from the rooftops.

Thanks for the reply, muchly apppreciated.Weill I'm well into ths now, love the overide feature, excellent for an experienced user, but think someone new would end up throwing up their hands and walking away. Perhaps a Loot based order as the staple,, with the current brilliant system as the experienced option.

Just confirming what I've read elsewhere multuple downloads of a file from a single request. Random events but occur often.

Yep, modaless popups and mod merge function and I'd be singing from the rooftops.

Let me point out - Vortex does use Loot internally. Also. Wrye Bash is supported as an external tool.

Last point: Vortex does not need to be running when you play your game or use your tools.

Ah! so there is an auto sort internally excellennt. finally found my tools, big screen TV and it was scrolled off the bottom of the screen. Trying to find a colour scheme so I can reduce my font size slightly,, then I won't loose things -grin-