Trace Log Error Nexus Mod Manager

bigboyboze

If you purchased a legal version of Skyrim on a DVD, You still need to run it through steam. If you do not, you WILL have problems. Pirate patches are not exactly the same as those provided FREE from Steam.

We do not support pirated games OR pirated patches - we can't - we don't know what the pirates did to bypass whatever protection steam - or Bethesda put on those patches. And because we don't know, we CAN'T help. And as they are pirated, we do not allow discussion here for legal reasons.

If you do have a legal version, it will try to get you to set up a FREE Steam account when you install it- you do not have to buy anything else. You do not have to give a credit card number, you do not have to give any personal information at all.

After everything is set up properly you will not even have to look at the steam site. Starting Skyrim will automatically start the steam in the background and will patch when it detects that you do not have the latest version (there is a function that is supposed to turn autopatching off, but it doesn't seem to work most of the time. :facepalm:)

Yes, Steam is a PITA, but it does allow you to run Skyrim legally and does automatically patch the game to the latest version. (unless you disable that in steam)

A patch, by definition, makes changes to the actual code used to play the game. When trying to run mods or utility programs such as NMM, those seemingly minor differences in code can cause the game to crash, the mod not to work, or utility programs to do unexpected things.

Yes, we all wish that we did not have to use Steam to play a single player game. :wallbash: But, if we don't, we risk the consequences of an even more unstable game because of using unauthorized patches. :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this "trace log error" issue as well,It happen when I just opened my NMM to activate some mods on skyrim and suddenly it blackout,no power shyt....

pls help!!!!!!

I unchecked the read-only and hidden but when I go to properties it has the READ-ONLY BOX CHECKED PLZ HELP s.o.s

Are you unable to uncheck it or does it go back to being checked when you uncheck and close the window?

I have this issue as well, everytime I uncheck it then close, it will be checked again when I go to properties

I unchecked the read-only and hidden but when I go to properties it has the READ-ONLY BOX CHECKED PLZ HELP s.o.s

Are you unable to uncheck it or does it go back to being checked when you uncheck and close the window?

I have this issue as well, everytime I uncheck it then close, it will be checked again when I go to properties

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Go to the NMM folder and delete all but one of the trace logs,it doesnt matter which one...then open that trce log and you should see "tracing is forced"...change it from false to true and save the file...I hope it helps beacuse it helped me...Good luck :D

• 2 weeks later...