Trace Log Error Nexus Mod Manager

bigboyboze

I finally found a solution. After hours of looking I couldn't find any way to fix it but I found a way myself. Go to the nexus site and re download nexus mod manger fixes it right up. Don't worry you won't lose any mods or anything.

This worked for me with Fallout 4....hehe 3 years later and it still works :P

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem, if you read what the problem is (click the down arrow in the message box) it tells you what file is causing the error. For me it said access to fallout4prefs.ini was denied, well i have all of my .ini files on read only so I turned that off by right clicking on the file and selecting properties and unchecking the box. That was the issue.

Edited by videojuegos17

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I checked every corner of my explorer and delete all mods from the game. Of course i screenshot every mod i have to re-download. So..

After i find all the mods from the game, in my case it was Skyrim, I delete them all

I look under NMM-> Deleted every mods. In Steamapps-> Deleted all mods. Even in another game, in my case Fallout4, there was Skyrim mods (dont even know why it was there.. xD).. so I deleted them all too.

Every mods for Skyrim are gone..

I restarted NMM and it f****** work.

Took me 3 hours to figure out myself..

Edited by AtrionX

uninstall nmm

search for nmm key words in my computer and delete anything left over

download ccleaner or glary utilities and use it to fix registry to delete left over registry keys from nmm

defrag harddrive with glary utilities it's better than windows default defrag

use ccleaner and/or glary utilities to clear cache

open up CMD in admin mode and type ipconfig /flushdns

that way you got rid of all trace of the bloody thing without reformatting

restart computer

redownload and reinstall

if it still won't work after all of that

hire an army of chinese worker drones in cubicles using cheap prebuilt computers for $2 per hour to recode nmm and fix all of it's bugs and submit it to the forum as a new update while you got your own functional update

Edited by skannerz22