Various crashes , including out of memory?

RiizzzeN

Hello community , im running a heavily modded Fallout NV (Around 60 Plugins)

I have a legal german , uncut Version with every dlc.

First of , my system

GTX 1050 Ti 3GB

16GB DDR4 Ram

Intel Core i5 8400

64-Bit Windows

118GB SSD

1000GB HDD

I use most bug Fixing and stability mods available

New Vegas Stutter Remover

New Vegas Anti Crash

Unofficial Patch Plus

Zan Auto purge crash detector

Better Game Performance.

and ofcourse the 4gb enabler

So i have various crashes.Out of Memory , Freeze when loading into a savegame and , when running an enb and butting the d3d9.dll exe into the Fallout nv folder

the game crashes even before the game really opens.

Im greatfull for any help / advise.

Edit: Forgot to Mention , that i am using a few texture mods such as the biggest NMC texture pack , wasteland flora overhaul and Mojave sandy desert.

Edit 2: When getting the "out of Memory!" crash , Fallout is using 1,3gb of ram (checked that by viewing the taskmanager)

Edited by RiizzzeN

as far as I know , the issue with Bethesda games (and New Vegas counts here , due to the engine it's built on) are very heavy on VRam usage

so while the game might not use a lot of Ram , it's probably maxing your VRam

my suggestion , never use the largest texture packs possible

the actual visible difference between the largest and second largest are usually rather small (unless you actively look for it) , but the impact in terms of memory consumption is really drastic

so just because you have a decent rig doesn't mean you should try to push it to the maximum (these games are unstable without mods , don't push them too far)

so try uninstalling your version of NMC's pack , and install the seconds largest version of it , and see how your game runs (you might still get these crashes , but hopefully it will happen far less often)

and this goes for any other major graphical mods you might be using . try limiting yourself to either 1K or 2K textures , and try the performance versions instead of quality (if you just check , the differences aren't big enough for the impact on your game's stability)

So thanks for the helping me guys , i really appriciate it as i am Pretty unexperienced when it Comes to modding.

WastelandAssasine was Right , the Problem was caused by the texture pack , Memory usage went from 1.3gb to 1gb while running nv with 4gb. (that is without the texturepack)

I heard that there are CPU´s with built in graphics Chips called APU´s.Now they dont really have any VRAM on their own , so they seem to use regular ram.

My Question is , can i do that? can i enable Fallout to use some of my regular ram as vram? Might Sound really stupid to someone that actually knows stuff

About CPUs and such , but it crossed my mind so i might aswell ask.

If my "Methode" of using regular ram as vram dosent work , is there anything else i can do?

VRAM chips are dedicated to the video processor. They are higher speed than the chips used for regular system RAM. Because they are dedicated to video, the "graphics processor" addresses them directly (outside of the system memory) and is custom built for that special purpose. As such, it can use addressing schemes that are not available to the main system (i.e. other than 32-bit or 64-bit). So, no you can't fake VRAM out of regular system RAM. The difference is hardware based.

There are actually layers of movement from the disk to the screen in the video pipeline (disk to system RAM to VRAM). Those layers vary in speed and there is some "buffering" (temporary storage) of parts of it in an effort to anticipate some will be re-used to increase the "throughput rate". Retrieving graphics data from the disk drive is the slowest part of the process, so anything to reduce that speeds things up. That is the role of "ENBoost". However, if you are using system RAM for your video, there is no speed savings by using ENBoost as an intermediate speed cache. Might as well just use more of system RAM for the video pipeline in the first place. The only benefit would be to allocate even more memory to the caching of video data from disk before feeding it to the video pipeline. That might help on a 64-bit system as it would be outside of the memory allocated to the game itself.

Hardware choices are not usually something you can overcome. The same applies to game designers. When they decided to make FNV for both the XBox console and the PC, they had to make compromises to simplify the implementation for both hardware environments. We can't overcome some of those choices either.

-Dubious-