SKSE64 Not Launching

hunter87j

So, in need of a bit of help. Finally got things sorted after seeing that the script extender was released for Special Edition, went in and had to manually install it since there's no automatic .ini install options like with Oldrim. Followed every step, things looked good.

However.

Whenever I try to start the game now I get a very specific error -

"Couldn't find C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\skse_64_loader.dll."

"Couldn't inject DLL."

I've no idea what this means nor how to fix it as I'm certain I've followed all of the correct steps needed to install it, following the ReadMe that came with the download from the release page.

Can anyone potentially give me a hand figuring this out?

please check that you've installed all files to the correct location

that is , specifically check for the existance of the loader.dll in that location

if you've placed it there but it is now gone , I would check your antivirus software , to see if maybe it has flagged that file as malicious , and placed it under quarantine

if non of that works , please provide a screenshot of your SSE folder (where the executables are)

I am willing to bet the missing .dll is still in the package, not in the folder. It can happen. Anyway, reopen skes64 you downloaded, and extract the .dll's in there to your SSE folder. Then right click on skse64_loader.exe and go to properties, then on the top tabs, go to Comparability, and check Run as Administrator. Run the loader right from the directory.

You can update mods, mid game, no problem. But disabling or deleting mods is never a good idea. If you want to do so, then follow directions on the mod page. Sometimes there are safe ways to remove mods, as written by the author. Sometimes there isn't. I tend to stay away from some mods, as I know they cause a lot of problems, in game.

SSE has not updated, and SKSE doesn't need to be updated.

• 9 months later...

i know im a little (a lot) late to this thread but i've been trying to extract the .dll file into the SE folder but every time my computer recognizes it as a virus, and when i add the file to the exclusion list for microsofts virus detection software i still receive the same messages ("Couldn't find C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\skse_64_loader.dll." and "Couldn't inject DLL.").

i know im a little (a lot) late to this thread but i've been trying to extract the .dll file into the SE folder but every time my computer recognizes it as a virus, and when i add the file to the exclusion list for microsofts virus detection software i still receive the same messages ("Couldn't find C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\\skse_64_loader.dll." and "Couldn't inject DLL.").

Also getting this problem today. Must have been a recent update. Let me know if you find a fix

Also getting this problem today. Must have been a recent update. Let me know if you find a fix

Getting same error hope someone finds a solution.

I am no expert and get it all wrong but the names off the dll-files comming with latest SKSE is "skse64_1-5_73.dll" and "skse64_steam_loader.dll"

I dont have any "skse_64_loader.dll" in my Skyrim SE folder. Am i missing something here?

When installing skse you just extract the downloded archive and put the files "skse64_loader.exe", "skse64_1-5_73.dll" and "skse64_steam_loader.dll" directly into your game folder.

Then you add the skse Data folder to an archive (7z or rar) and install like any other mod with preferd mod manager.

I have a problem with SKSE not launching, well it does, but after a second it closes and nothing else happens.

It only stay up for a second or less so not long enough to see what the errors are until I was able to print screen it after several attempts.
If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://gyazo.com/209b6b5be0309f0ff8e0f13a189d4fca

If you are using Windows 10 Defender the skse_64_loader.dll is being flagged as a Trojan and has been moved to quarantine. Windows updated Defender 4/25/2019 at 7:06AM

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Alert level: Severe

Date: 4/25/2019 3:36PM

Category:Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected Items:

file: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_steam_loader.dll