Custom music cutting out after 1 sec

Guest deleted4222884

Guest deleted4222884

Hi!

I've recently tried to add a few custom music tracks to Fallout 4 via the creation kit. On the summer sale i got vault 88 and the lack of music just SUCKS big time.

I'm an IT-guy, studied, nerded - you name it - so i really had no problem getting into the use of the creation kit. I also found a neat tutorial on youtube, how to add music (via TRACKS and TYPES) to Fallout and it seems to work - sort of...

I created a few tracks, assigned them as single tracks to a new type (NEWFVault88) and changed the music-setting for the respective cell (dlc06workshop-something) to it.

When i start the game and load my save, the custom music in vault88 plays for like one second and then it cuts out. I left the vault and reentered and it's always the same.

I added the tracks as wave-files (just the standard 16/41000), converted them to xwm, archieved them - it doesn't matter what i do it always cuts out after 1 second. I also tried to change the priority to a high setting, but it doesn't change a thing.

I've searched the forums but didn't find someone with a similar problem so i hope you guys can help me, before i totally go crazy by searching and testing all the options in the creation kit ;)

I also compared mine to other settings, like the Diamond City Marketplace, but i don't find anything different from what i've done so far...

Thanks!

Guest deleted4222884

small update: there is nothing wrong with the way i use my music in creation kit. In other instances, like battle, ecploration, etc. it works. It's just vault88 which doesn't apply to my settings. I tried another mod that is supposed to set Diamond City music to vault88 but that one doesn't work either.

Does anyone have an idea why that cell is behaving differently than the rest?

Just guessing but maybe it has something to do with these cells' reset system? A good number of forms are baked in your saves from the moment you first load them, like dead bodies, havok released clutter or objects' positions in landscape, (or followers gender animations in Skyrim). I'm more experienced with Skyrim but I remember a couple of cells never resetting their music, never could fix that. If your music plays in other instances, that means it works and the game reads it properly so the reason lies elsewhere.

There's a possible workaround which is to disable background music onLoad with script and replace it with yours - but it's only a workaround and may cause conflicts with other mods.

Guest deleted4222884

Thank you for the input! If i find the time next weekend i'll try to figure out if this applies to Fallout. The battlemusic plays as usual in the vault, so i guess it has something to do with the way the cell environment is handled.