Does my arrow choice matter now that I have a crazy OP bow?

DoubleTroubIe

I maxed out my gear (using alchemy & enchanting) to have 4 pieces that increase bow damage by 54% each, so 216% total.

On top of that I have all 5 archery damage perk points for double damage.

The damage my bow says it does is 748.

Dragon bone arrows only do 25 damage. So does it really matter if I use iron or dragonbow arrows at this point? Is arrow damage affected by any of my % multipliers?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by doubletroubleswtor

Yeah, the game practically throws iron and steel arrows at you, and honestly arrow damage plays a bit of an insignificant role in final damage. Get some enchants, get the strongest bow in the game(Daedric, or which ever is stronger in the base game), one shot everything with even the weakest arrows.

Edited by Rasikko

iron , and later on steel and ancient drauger (you can get huge amounts of these in drauger dungeons , and the stats are like steel)

there is no reason to use arrows stronger than these , as they are just way more expensive and far harder to find , and the damage bonus is barely noticeable . maybe keep a few higher leveled arrows for sneak attack kills on harder enemies , but there really is no reason to use anything else

Personally, I always use the strongest ammo I can find.

For followers, though, I stick to steel or none (and let them furnish their own iron.) I don't know if this has changed, with the unofficial patches, but there used to be a problem in Oldrim, where if your follower's bow and arrow exceeded a certain amount of base damage (I think 22, but don't quote me) then they would revert to their default hunting bow. I could get away with giving them Elven bows, if I kept them at steel or iron arrows. I tried keeping them supplied with steel for a while, but then I realized they'd always have iron, so I just gave them the bow and took their arrows. When I'd notice them with a hunting bow, it usually meant some enemy had shot (supplied) them with a higher level arrow, and I'd have to take it away from them, to get them back on their Elven bow.

So to answer my original question: Arrow damage does matter, correct? It's not just a lowly 10 - 25 damage and is affected by my % increases?

I have plenty of materials to create more dragon arrows so I'm not lacking in that department. Just wanted to know if the damage matters. Thanks guys chansub-global-emoticon-cfaf6eac72fe4de6

as far as I know , effects that increase bow damage do not increase arrow damage

I'm pretty sure arrow damage is set , and cannot be changed via effects or upgrading

the wiki wasn't clear on this , but I've seen people making requests for mods that allow arrows to benefit from these effects , hence they don't do that normally