8 mods or 1 big mod?

Razofdead

Hello everyone :geek:

Time ago i got this question... :confused:

¿Is better 8 mods or 1 big mod?

Im asking this because i saw merged mods and im asking myself if is better had many mods or merged this mods in 1 big one...

I know is better to find and activate the mods in 1, but im asking about the speed of the mod or about his functionality in the game or perfomance.

The primary reason to merge mods is to reduce the number of "active" plugins in your load order. The game breaks down whenever you have more than 130-140 "active plugin" (depending upon your mix of mods and system configuration. Note that inactive plugins found in the "Data" folder will still get loaded and can cause their own problems.)

The secondary reason is to combine various optional patches (such as for various DLCs or features) to the main plugin (NOT "compatibility patches" that make two different mods work together) into a single plugin to not only reduce the plugin count but also to ensure they all get loaded together in the correct sequence.

Haven't seen any reports about performance differences between the approaches, but have seen one mod user claim to have over (800 if I recall correctly) mods installed using the "merged plugin" technique.

-Dubious-