Freeze screen and softlocking on F:NV (Help!)

Hi everyone

I decided to get F:NV on PC a few days back and I've hit a brick wall.

As we know, vanilla doesn't work on newer systems.

I installed the following mods (below) as a way of trying to counter the issues FNV has.

I used this tutorial:

to help me install everything using nexus mod manager, however I still get a bug where after an indeterminate amount of time my screen will freeze and the game will be unresponsive. I can't end it in task manager, tab out or close F:NV.

I've tried waiting a good 15 minutes for it to either close or just do something. But it never does.

The only way I can solve this is to ctrl+alt+del and log off my PC.

Specifics (edit);

PC specs

CPU:

Intel i7 skylake (Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz)

Skylake 14nm Technology

Graphics card:

PLE2001WSV (1680x1050@60Hz)

8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (XFX Pine Group)

RAM:

16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)

Windows 10 home (version 10.0.17134, build 17134)

Game is located on a separate drive (not on C:\), mod tools are on C, mod files are on the same drive as the game

F:NV is on the most up to date version (obtained via steam)

All DLCs are mounted and loaded

My mods;

Mission Mojave, ultimate edition

NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash

Yukichigai unofficial patch

New Vegas stutter remover

NVSE 5.1.b

JIP LN NVSE Plugin

Zan Autopurge Crash Protector

Verifying local files does not work, the bug seems to hit randomly, sometimes after discovering a location and other times when I’m not doing anything.

I had this issue before I installed the mods, which means something in the mods have not fixed it.

LOOT load order is here:

Am I f***ed? Or is this salvageable?

Thanks in advance all.

Edited by Lividpileofdirt

Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? If so, please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? If so, please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have this mod, but i'll install it now and see if it makes any changes, I will report back if it does/does not work

Edit: Due to the game crashing I had to re validate then re-clean the files and dlc, now the game won't launch.

At this point, i'm going to chalk this up to a loss. After 3 days of this I don't have much more willpower in me to try to get FNV to work.

Thanks everyone for your help, but I can't keep banging my head against my keyboard like this anymore.

Edited by Lividpileofdirt

I understand your frustration, but you just happened to explain your problem in the last post.

You should never "clean" the vanilla game and DLC files for FNV. That will break the game.

You shouldn't even "clean" mods. That is the responsibility of the mod author. STRONGLY suggest you read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. This is not a game you can just slap together with a bunch of mods. You can get a stable game setup prior to playing, but it takes time to do so properly. If you haven't the time or patience for that, then by all means, move on to something you can more quickly get into. It's just a game after all. The object is to have fun. But after 8 years, there isn't much we don't know how to resolve for this game.

-Dubious-