Turn Based Strategy Game Suggestions

DoctorKaizeld

So quick note: I like the XCOM games and think they are a ton of fun and have beat them already with and without mods. I have also played the UFO games and also enjoyed them... though I haven't finished those ones yet.

with that said I am looking for good games of a similar style though preferably with a different style such as WWII/WWI theme or a modern theme vs a sci-fi one. anybody got any good suggestions?

I enjoyed X-Com Apocalypse and Fallout Tactics very much. They are still on my play list and are available from GOG.

The Rabbit

good games but I already beat XCOM Apocalypse. haven't played tactics yet.

Try Civilization games. 5th and 6th are good

wrong genre. also I don't like civ anyways

• 2 weeks later...

One very underrated tactics game is Valkyria Chronicles. So long as you like anime styles (inspired by World War stuff), it's a very solid game like XCom.

If you can get a hold of a PS2, another very underrated game was Gladius. Tactics, but with Roman gladiator fights. I wish someone ported that thing.

While I haven't been able to play turn-based games since XCOM Apocalypse showed me the light of real-time combat in previously turn-based games, I hear Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 might be up your alley.

One very underrated tactics game is Valkyria Chronicles. So long as you like anime styles (inspired by World War stuff), it's a very solid game like XCom.

If you can get a hold of a PS2, another very underrated game was Gladius. Tactics, but with Roman gladiator fights. I wish someone ported that thing.

Age of Empires and Command and Conquer are my two of my favorite game franchises.

While I haven't been able to play turn-based games since XCOM Apocalypse showed me the light of real-time combat in previously turn-based games, I hear Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 might be up your alley.

I'll take a look at them thank you.

Age of Empires and Command and Conquer are my two of my favorite game franchises.

I'll take a look at them thank you.

Well, I'm confused now. Those are RTS... but XCom is mostly turn based tactics.

In any case, I just like Command and Conquer's soundtrack :D