Adding mods by the bunch

Tazcada

Which, apparently Vortex doesn't do.

Some background: I recently restored FO4 from Steam's backup and to remove mod corruption. deleted my NMM folders. Starting fresh, right?. Have all my Steam folders (and all other data) on my 2 TB conventional drive, OS and registry on my C: drive (small ssd). Have all (219 for FO4 alone) my mods in the d:/downloads/saved mods folder so I'm not constantly downloading them on my bandwidth. Many are unchanged in the last year. I know, cause I check that s**t.

Download and install Vortex, setup the folders (Folder setup is really counter-intuitive and needs to explained better on the mod page), and go to install mods into Vortex. Can I add 50 at a time? No. 10 at a time? No. 5 at a time? No.

Vortex can find the folder that my mods are saved to, but wants me to add them one stinkin' file at a time.... all 218 of them. And going through the "add file" button each time, cause you gotta know it takes you back there every time is a horrible waste of my time.

What we need is a drag and drop function ( or multiple mod add function) into Vortex's saved mods folder. I tried dragging and dropping but Vortex STILL wanted to add them one at a time from my downloads. Multiple mod installs are a basic function within NMM, seem to be totally missing within the latest version of Vortex.

Meanwhile, it's back to NMM for me.

This rant would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad.

To add multiple mods at once, just open the "Download" tab, open Windows File Explorer, multiselect the mods you want to add and drag and drop them over the "Drop URL or File" pad in Vortex.

That's it. Actually, exactly the thing you requested.

Just tells us how much you actually tried to understand the tool before starting to rant mindlessly.

Really? Where is this documented? The drop file button indicates you can only do one file. Downloads indicates that I would be downloading from the internet. This is the express meaning of this word. Can I assume there's a hard coded character limit of 8 letters preventing this from utilizing the industry standard concept of differentiating single versus multiple: File(s). A consistent, and recognizable indication that more than one file maybe dropped to this location?

And if you did bother to read the entire message, he specifically states he tried dragging and dropping.

If he had really tried to drop multiple files then he'd known that it works. Since dropping files into the download tab is actually the ONLY way to make mods archives known to Vortex other than downloading them or importing from another mod manager, I'd assume that this should be pretty obvious.

Anyway, even though there is always room for improvement, like in this case a button labeled a

'add mod archives' or something like that, what really pisses me off, if people come here and rant how awful a piece of software this is, without even spending the least bit of time to understand the way it's working. That's not helpful, especially in an early stage of a software product.

Asking for this functionality is fine, the tone is not. By going on an aggressive rant like that when all that's wrong is that Vortex is missing is an "s" you're just making a fool out of yourself.

Btw.: drag&drop is not the only way to add multiple downloads to vortex, you could also just drop the files in vortex's download directory using your favorite file manager, vortex will pick them up automatically.

• 10 months later...

Some posts are best left to age off to oblivion.

If you want to add a useful tip, start a new topic in Discussion. I for one would appreciate it.

I don't need to raise my blood pressure reading through a last year's rant - we get enough current ones.

• 1 year later...

If the file is already on your computer vortex is not downloading it. It is just applying it to the game. What I am asking is if i have a list of URLS that corresponds to mods listed on nexus mods how do i give it the list and have it download them so i literally don't have to click 300x6 times and cause nearly that many page loads?

If the file is already on your computer vortex is not downloading it. It is just applying it to the game. What I am asking is if i have a list of URLS that corresponds to mods listed on nexus mods how do i give it the list and have it download them so i literally don't have to click 300x6 times and cause nearly that many page loads?

Give me a list of Mod Managers that can do this