Outdated Mods

Darnexx

maybe they are just not playing the game anymore?

maybe updates break their mods , so it means recreating the mods after every update

I honestly couldn't tell you , though I know modding this game isn't as easy as some other games

whatever the case , you are probably going to have to ask the specific modders to know for sure

but always keep in mind that making mods is a hobby . no one is getting paid for this , so you cannot expect anything out of anyone (aside from obeying the rules , obviously)

maybe they are just not playing the game anymore?

maybe updates break their mods , so it means recreating the mods after every update

I honestly couldn't tell you , though I know modding this game isn't as easy as some other games

whatever the case , you are probably going to have to ask the specific modders to know for sure

but always keep in mind that making mods is a hobby . no one is getting paid for this , so you cannot expect anything out of anyone (aside from obeying the rules , obviously)

Well yes, but then why doing a Mod in first place when they will stop working on them. I don't make Mods and then think like "f it, not updating anymore".

I know it's only a hobby and I'm happy when Modders do the work for us, but then leaving it behind..

well , usually people make a mod that they wish to use , and use it while playing the game

but if they stop playing the game after some time , and the game is still getting updates , why should they update the mods?

why work on something you no longer care about?

and as I believe mods for this game specifically require even more work when updates drop , why would you want to put in extra work for something you no longer care about?

the point is , you should be thankful that the mods have existed in the first place

if the mod author is no longer maintaining a mod , you could offer to take over and lend a hand (or update the mod for your own personal use , without uploading it)

but unless you pay a mod author to do any work , you can't expect them to do any work (and no , donations don't apply here . I mean actually hiring the mod author to do the work , like a normal contract)

Well yes, but then why doing a Mod in first place when they will stop working on them. I don't make Mods and then think like "f it, not updating anymore".

I know it's only a hobby and I'm happy when Modders do the work for us, but then leaving it behind..

Why make a game if the developers will someday stop updating it? /s

As a moder i usually is writing on my mod page if i will stop updating a mod so others can take over, and i don't understand why not more players is reacting when popular mods like...

Blood and Iron Perk System

Food And Drinks

Dynamic Hoods

Light armor fix

...is no longer updated, or that if some one is updating it for personal use is releasing it to the public untill the original mod author is updating the mod him/here self?

Edited by ceano

Yeah, if they at least tell us, that they stop working on it, so someone else can take over. But no, they just leave it behind and ignore the Community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Could you make this mod works again, with 1.6?

(I left message and bug report, but looks mod is abandoned)

HD Clock with window

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/475?tab=posts

Or create a new one, maybe a better one.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you make this mod works again, with 1.6?

(I left message and bug report, but looks mod is abandoned)

HD Clock with window

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/475?tab=posts

Or create a new one, maybe a better one.

Thanks!

Not my mod. Nor a game I mod for. So, no. :tongue:

Sry! My mistake!

I tried to ask Ceano!