Crash to desktop - mayday (i'm useless with informatics)

TheAyahne

Hello, i'm having a problem with my Skyrim game and i hoped collective wisdom could save me (because i'm a quiche with informatics).

My game will not stop crashing to desktop.
I've tried : uninstalling/installing it, uninstall/install all the mods, charge the game from a manual save… I did the NMM update, too !

I'm mostly sure my game does not have conflincting modds, and i have a computer with 8GoRAM and more than sufficient disk space and requirement.

I'm very lost and would really appreciate any help !

Edit : Here are screencaps of my Plugins :

well , you really haven't provided the required information , so let me try and guide you

you say your game crashes . when does that happen? do you crash when starting up the game? when loading a save? or load screens? randomly while playing?

each of these could suggest a different issue , so you need to be more specific here

does it also happen when you are running the game with no mods?

have you cleaned the master files?

why are you not using the unofficial patch?

please try to provide any information you think might help us help you

Thank you so much for your answer !

My game crashes when i'm about… 5 minutes into the game, when i start it ? It just closes and i'm back to desktop. It's not the loading screens (it did that a lot with my copy on Xbox, so i'm sure that's not it)

I don't know how to clean the master files (to be honest, i don't know what the masterfiles are) or what is the unofficial patch ? None of my friends play Skyrim so i don't know much about the do's and don'ts…

I'm going to try the no-mod version !

Edited by TheAyahne

the unofficial patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214

you should always use it when playing the game . it fixes many issues

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2667094-guide-manual-cleaning-skyrim-master-files/

this is a guide on how to clean the master files

you should also do that , as it would also prevent issues

which graphics card do you use?

are you trying to run the game on the highest settings? are you using very heavy texture packs? (like 2K resolution or above)

if so , try lowering the graphical settings , and use smaller texture packs (1K) and see if the game is more stable

this could also be due to too many scripts running (though I don't see any script heavy mods in your load order , but I might miss some)

I have a NVIDIA GTX 1050.
I tried a no-mod version and it seemed to work, but i had to use a lvl 1 character (and my main is 94, so maybe there's that too.)

I do run the game one the highest settings (1400x1050) but my own max res is of 1980xSomething.

I use those texture packs : Freckle Mania 2K ; Freckles for females ; High Res Warpaint and Dirtmaps for Men ; No More Blocky Faces ; Rustic death hound 2K/1K ; Weathered Warpaint and Improved Dirt, XCE Morrowind Warpaint ; XCE Warpaint and Dirt : Xenius Character Enhancement.

One screencap is missing (i dont know why ?), i've also got UFO, and the corrective patches, besides others.

I'm installing the links right now ! Thanks for those !

EDIT ; the patch you gave me is for the legendary edition : i don't have that ? At least i don't think so ?

Edited by TheAyahne

well , that is a whole different can of worms

from your first post , I thought your game was crashing shortly after starting a new playthrough , and you needed help

but this is a very different situation , as you already have a very advanced save file (I would guess well over 60 hours)

and you posted this in the Skyrim LE forums , so I thought this is the version of the game you have

whatever the case , this is a very different situation to deal with

since you are using an existing save file , I'm not sure that adding the unofficial patch would be a wise idea

not even sure that cleaning the masters would be the best choice now (although I don't know if it could cause any issues)

look inside your saves folder , find the latest save file . what is the size of the file?

when have the crashes started? can you load a previous save and play with no issues?

the thing with Bethesda games , especially with mods , they tend to be more unstable the more you play them (so the game might run perfectly for 40 hours , but suddenly it will start having issues . and the actual point at which this happens varies completely , depending on the game , the mods used and other variables)

I would also recommend trying to use FallrimTools (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031) to try and clean the save file (read the description , at the end there is an explanation on how to do this)

well , that is a whole different can of worms

from your first post , I thought your game was crashing shortly after starting a new playthrough , and you needed help

but this is a very different situation , as you already have a very advanced save file (I would guess well over 60 hours)

and you posted this in the Skyrim LE forums , so I thought this is the version of the game you have

whatever the case , this is a very different situation to deal with

since you are using an existing save file , I'm not sure that adding the unofficial patch would be a wise idea

not even sure that cleaning the masters would be the best choice now (although I don't know if it could cause any issues)

look inside your saves folder , find the latest save file . what is the size of the file?

when have the crashes started? can you load a previous save and play with no issues?

the thing with Bethesda games , especially with mods , they tend to be more unstable the more you play them (so the game might run perfectly for 40 hours , but suddenly it will start having issues . and the actual point at which this happens varies completely , depending on the game , the mods used and other variables)

I would also recommend trying to use FallrimTools (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031) to try and clean the save file (read the description , at the end there is an explanation on how to do this)

Omg, i'm so very sorry, i didn't notice i posted in the wrong forum. English is my third language and i tend to overlook a lot of things… Is there a way to place it to the good place ?

I'm noticing right now i lost my previous game save, but ;

Nyx : 6,85ko

Void : 6,82ko

Era : Mysteriously disapeared ??? found an autosave version of 8,06mo

Newala (latest file) : 7,18ko

Ah, that might be why.

The Fallrim Tools pops an error message : "Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Skyrim Special Edition. If Skyrim Special Edition is installed rescan, etcetc", which makes me think i need the special Edition, and i have a regular one, with Dragonborn, Hearthfires and Dawnguard.

Edited by TheAyahne

You don't have a lot of mods, so the guilty should be easy to find.

On a first view, I would say ETAC is your guilty.

try this instead https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776?tab=description

I would recommend a manual installation , as this isn't technically a mod (it's a tool , so it's installed a bit differently)

again , the description tells you exactly what you need to do

as for your saves , it's weird because 6-8 MB isn't large at all . probably because you don't use many mods , but still with saves this size I think we can check save bloats off

so I would really recommend giving Fallrim a try , and seeing what it has to say