Tips 'n Tricks

Xionith

Putting thoes ce efects on a set of exquisite clothes does not seem like a good idea to me since you do not continually need the effects. With thoes you are better off casting them when you need them since they already do not cost much to cast. With ce enchantments on clothes you are better off puting enchantments on them since they are things that you continually use unlike levitate since it mages alot of things alot harder. Water walking not always that good to have since there are sone quests and reallly good ones that require you to go under water, and since you will never use water walking while on land. most travel is across land and you will never need water walking and are better off casting it since the only real islands you would need it for are Sadrith Mora and Dagon Fel. All the other islands are prety close to the shore or are ones that you never need to visit. water breathing is good but also pointless and especially pointless in combination wiith water walking since you would never use it. And for many of the same reasons as water walking, water breathing is also pointless and better off casteed when needed.

Good enchantments for a charator would be any atribute fortification since it alows you do better you atributes. These help you alot more than any thing else since they power up a whole groop of skills that other wise would be weaker. Another good one is jump. It is onee of my favorite ones. With 100 acrobatics and a ring with CE 8 jump (the highest possible for a ring) is great. i can jump ove a 2 story building and alows me fast travel. With the 8 jump it has more than doubled my jumping height. i also made a spell with 100 jump for 5 seconds and it is great. One jump with that can take a few mile forward. With about 5 jumps i was able to go from balmora to Urvits grave (about 2 minuites). Tthe jump spell is great for fast travel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to wear them all the time! Put the enchantments on rings if you prefer as they weigh less. But to explore the grottoes and sea bed properly water breathing saves a lot of time. Water walking (especially with fortify speed) enables you to avoid tangling with land based or sea based monsters when travelling long distances. Levitation helps enormously when exploring in Daedric Ruins and places like Berendas and the Urshilaku Burial Caverns. No spell, potion or enchanted item in game keeps you aloft long enough to do real exploration over the Red Mountain area either. I know that there are alternatives but the enchantments I refer to are very low cost.

I keep these items in my pack. When these are not needed I wear two exquisite rings, an exquisite amulet, a daedric tower shield and exquisite clothes and various bits of armour all enchanted with fortify speed (I don't use the boots of blinding speed). I also have a couple with fortify strength and the Necromancers amulet to restore health. Then there is Marara's ring etc. I wear the ones that most suit the circumstances.

But each to his own. Not everyone will agree with doing any of the above tips because they could be said to unbalance the game. And many would not see the point in going above level 50 or so but you like to play that way. Make the tips you like and let each choose the ones she/he wants to adopt, if any!

Alrighty, se Lord Mhas(sp) Revenge basically summons a Bound Daedric Shield, Curiass, Helm, Boots, Gauntlets, Battle Axe, Greaves, and that's it I believe.

Well, the scroll does everything daedric EXEPT for Greaves, oddly enough

And, eventually, you can buy the scrolls from the seller in the Vivec Mage's Guild, Xionith

Thanks for the correction, I forgot that there were no greaves. I remember I 'borrowed' the Daedric Greaves from Orvas Dren (using invisibility, mark and recall, and a whole hell of a lot of jumping around) Can't recall howI got the pauldrons, but I did...

In any case I felt like a badass...

(Now what would be really awsome is a plugin that gives you Sauron's movie armour from the FotR Movie, also if it would increase your height and have a sort of strength and speed increase spell on it as well)

*Drools

I would OWN Vivec, and I would be able to turn into a werewolf as well.

*Ponders* Well, first I would wipe out Solstheim and re-name it Tol-in-Guarhoth :shifty:

If you want to level your spell schools without forking over tons of cash to master trainers then you can always make a small 1 casting cost spell and as you're walking from one place to another continually cast them.

As for sparring with somone this method is a bit more complicated, and you need tribunal for it but if you hire the merc and get the royal singet ring put it on the merc and spar with him...he won't die too easily.

For leveling you block skill and not wanting to have to sit through the process you should make several articles of constant effect restore health items and find a kagouti or nix hound (this works for increasing armor skills) and just let them pound away at you for a while (just be sure to check every one-in-a-while to make sure equipment doesn't break).

To increase your armorer skill you, after killing an NPC, can strip them of their armor, repaitr it and put it back on the corpse (or keep it).

As for constant effect water breathing it isn't really necessary if you have around a CE 3 restore health distributed across your items. The screen still flashes red once you are out of breath but your health doesn't go down.

Lastly (though I'll post more tips as they come I'm sure) the best and most frequently used item in the game that I have is my exquisite belt that can open locks up to 100. No matter what class (besides lockpicks) you are everyone can benefit from a lock opening article of clothing.

Personally i think that rather than enchanting a belt with open locks there is an easily accessable trainer in balmora who you visit in a thieves guild quest. Personally i think that equisites clothes are best enchanted with CE effect. Once you master security you can pick any lock wit hany lockpick. It is very helpful in my opinion to master security.

I was just wondering (this thread seems to mention it a lot) you can only do a constant effect chant on exquisite clothes right?

Note: I have tested the bound item trick with GOTY version (it comes with all the patches and stuff) sadly enough... it doesn't... work....

I was just wondering (this thread seems to mention it a lot) you can only do a constant effect chant on exquisite clothes right?

No- you can do constant effect on anything- it would just be a magnificent waste of charge. Exquisite clothes have lots of enchant points, so you can get in a satisfactory spell. You'll be wasting a lot of the gem's energy if you put it in a lesser item because it has a lower threshold for points.

ANOTHER TIP: If you don't have the patch, don't talk to Varius Vatinius about duel. It prematurely starts the last Imperial Guard quest- a duel for the rank of Knight of the Imperial Dragon. And it that is activated, you can't complete his quests.