Is there a 4gb NVSE ???

RH89

Hey guys, so there is a script extender and a 4gb .exe, but why tf not both in one? doent get it, is it impossible or something ??? .... have a pc with 10gb ram and still have a little lag, its annoying as hell !

Yes. Toward the end of the page, click the link where it says " Is NVSE compatible with the "FNV4GB" loader that enables the large-address-aware (aka 4GB) flag?

- Yes. Use this alternate loader."

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

wauw now i feel like an idiot for not reading the whole thing XD Thank You very much, u just made it much more fun :D :D :D

Edited by RH89

Doesnt seem to be working :(

when i simply copy the new files into the game folder i starts okay with the new .exe, but the lag is still there

so i removed the old files for NVSE and just kept those for the 4gbNVSE, but then the game cant find a script editor.... and did change the setting in FOMM for custom launch command ..

am i doing something wrong ? :(

Drop all the files from the 4GB NVSE zip in the game folder again which should put everything back and then try running the game by double clicking the fnv4gb.exe. As for lag the 4GB thing may well not make much difference, what it does do is stop the game crashing as much. Do you have stuttering or just a bad overall framerate?

Should i delete the files from the normal nvse before dropping those from the 4gbnvse ? ... i tried that and then the game runs more smoothe but the nvse doesnt work, indicating that the 4gb thing is working though, so i tried to paste the files from the normal nvse back in and run the game from the fnv4gb.exe again, then the nvse works fine but the lag is back so i guess its running on 2gb again

as for the lag, its when there are a bunch of npcs around me... guess i would call it stuttering, but the 4gb thing definately makes a difference, just too bad it wont work with script editor for me :/

Edited by RH89

.... You don't run fnv4gb.exe when using 4gb+NVSE.

you run fnv4gbfose.exe

Do not delete any of the files that come with nvse when using fnv4gbfose.exe

NVSE = New Vegas script *extender* btw.

Edited by Cyberlazy

You shouldn't have remove the old ones just drop the files in and let windows overwrite if necessary.

as i said before...... did both one and the other but it doesnt work, thats the problem