Is there a 4gb NVSE ???

RH89

You shouldn't have remove the old ones just drop the files in and let windows overwrite if necessary.

as i said before...... did both one and the other but it doesnt work, thats the problem

What happens when you double click the fnv4gb.exe? if the game starts then enter GetNVSEVersion into the console, if it returns a value then it's working, if you get an error then it's not.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

So Im new to trying this whole modding thing and Asking for help on a topic that has probably been covered already, but i seem to have looked for hours and cant seem to find a STRAIGHT forward setup for getting JSAWYER ulitimite working properly with little to no crashes, Yes YUP, Up+ and NVAC were at the time installed and i grabbed the FNV4GB to make it run better. My rig has 8g ram and 2g graphics dedicated...... SO yeah i broke nexus like twice now to the point where it just crashed everytime i tryed changing anything to test and see if i could get a fix.

Im willing to learn and add to this amazing community of people helping people but i dont know where to start..... Btw ive uninstalled all mods from nexus mod manager left the 4g fixer and nvse installed and deleted all other files from harddrive... so my game should run im going to test out Yet another char see if the basic games working tonight

to Start
do i?
A) Reinstall fallout to get a clean copy from steam. then move on to step two
B) continue with the files i have in place cause i didnt f*#@ up that bad?

Step two -I will follow the EXACT directions from either a link someone on here can suggest to me which IS UP TO DATE as best as they can for EACH MOD which i will need to run jsawyer and maybe The some guy Bountie Hunter mods look good.....

I am Not trying this part on my own anymore, Im Done reading over 100 old posts and directions which didnt help my situation... just made things worse BTW....
I GOT THE f*#@ING NVAC mod to stop the crashing, all it did was make things worse....

So yeah hurtin baddddddd ive talked to easy pete 20 times in the past week now due to it crashing and then i try a different suggested mod setup and have to redo that whole begininng part for it to just crash at a different part... soo savage.... havnt made it outave goodsprings in about a week.... I dont like insanity loops I really like Fallout NV and have played the s#*! outave it and still willing to play the s#*! outave it but the crashing..... No more shall i waste time to a broken ending.

So thats my basic question, I have no idea if this is even the correct forum to post it in but im sure Some who reads this will see my desperation and be like hey man its not that hard and be my light in this dark place i have strayed towards.....

I really would appreciate some good help at this point, But

Thanks in advance for moving this post where ever it belongs
Thanks in advance for just offering to help my sorry ass
Thanks for not ignoring me if you knew you could help
Thanks in general for reading this and getting this far

From a Canadian Gamer living in the woods off the grid.

BongBombs, I'm not sure if replying to an old thread like this is the way to go. It seems like all you want is the JSawyer Ultimate Edition mod, which I haven't used because all it does is re-balance the Hardcore mode and doesn't add anything interesting, but that's besides the point...

First, list the mods you have installed as of right now, and it sounds like you uninstalled everything besides 4gb and NVSE, but you're going on about every step you've taken which is confusing me because it seems like you have absolutely nothing installed besides base FNV. In which case, if it doesn't work then you do need to re-install. However, you might not need to reinstall F:NV because most fixes usually don't require that. Remove 4gb fixer and NVSE, and see what happens. Does it still crash? If it does, then reinstall.

Next, you have to tell us some more information:

1) Do you have the Steam or GOG version? DO NOT use the 4GB Fixer on the GOG version. It is already fixed, so patching it again can cause problems.

2) JSawyer UE and UP+ require NVSE. Is your NMM launching "nvse_loader.exe" or the vanilla FalloutNV.exe? Don't use the old falloutNV.exe after you installed NVSE.

3) JSawyer Ultimate Edition requires the "JIP LN NVSE" plug-in, the MCM (Mod Configuration Menu) and all the DLC. It says its requirements on the mod's page. If you're missing any of those, then install them.

4) Why do you have to talk to Easy Pete again every time it crashes? Are saves not working? You don't have to redo the whole beginning if you just save the game after you leave Doc Mitchell's house.

Anyway, I'm sorry to inform you that it's unlikely we can give you exact directions because everyone's setup is slightly different. There are guides posted in recent threads in the Technical Support section of the forum you can check, but somehow I think you just overlooked the prerequisites for JSawyer UE mod, so go back to that mod's page and read its installation section carefully. Since that's the only mod you want, it should be as simple as following those directions.

Ouch. "Living in the woods off the grid" implies you don't have steady access to the Internet. That is going to make things tough, because solving most problems takes time referencing solutions. We have tried to pull together things from various resources into just a couple of wiki articles, but in most cases it is by providing links to those resources in one place. So you might end up needing to download the articles, read them offline, and then track down the references the next time you get access. That is going to drag out the process. And it is a process. Do not expect a "quick fix".

First things first. This thread is not the place for your problem as it is "off-topic" (much more than 4GB NVSE). So I'll provide a first step, and then you should create a new thread in the "Technical Support" sub-forum with ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

Initially we have to get your game installed correctly. From what you are saying, it sounds to me that you would be better off installing from scratch, but I can see why you want to avoid that if internet access requires you to travel. However, uninstalling mods does not guarantee you a "clean vanilla" game afterwards. Moving "Steam" out of the "C:\Program Files" folder tree will involve re-installing.

At the very least you need to "verify local files"after uninstalling all your mods so Steam (or GOG) restores things to vanilla.

Test that by launching the game and building a new "test" character, exit Doc Mitchell's, and manually save the game at that point. I would recommend no mods more than NVSE (which is a "library of functions used by mods") and NVAC (which is an NVSE plugin extension) at that point, but you will need the 4GB Patch (which is not a "mod"). That point is to have a "save game" which is "pure vanilla" as a test base you can revert back to if needed or for testing. If you have problems at that point, it will depend upon exactly what is wrong so carefully note the circumstances and any error messages. (Screenshots of error messages preferred. See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article.)

Then, because of your situation, you need to make a backup of the entire vanilla "Fallout New Vegas" folder so you can use that to restore to vanilla when necessary (by copying that backup to overwrite the "game" folder).

Once you have that, then read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. This is one I recommend you download for referral to off-line. Start your further mod installations from the "Essential Mods" in there. The other "off-line referral" document is the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. This one is what you will be referring to for specific problem solutions.

JSawyer is "just another mod" as far as installation is concerned. Note there are three versions: the original "JSwayer" (which does not appear to be available on the Nexus and was a nightmare to make compatible with other mods), "JSawyer Compatibility Version", and "JSawyer Ultimate Edition". Be careful not to confuse them as they are different implementations. There are also various "patch files" which are specific to those versions put out by other authors to make them compatible with other specific mods. "Ultimate Edition" seems to be the most "up-to-date" but does have other mods as requirements. Most of those required mods are already listed in the "Essential Mods" list of the "FNV General Mod Advice" article already.

Don't get discouraged. We'll get you and running if you have the patience.

-Dubious-

• 8 months later...