Command the Minutemen or something like this

sciris1212

seriously it pisses me to no end how Bethesda makes you the general yet doesn't have any real impact or importance to gameplay. I mean I know there is the mode "general of the minutemen" but that doesn't work anymore since its never been updated and I would just love to be able to give orders to them and have the ability to send minutemen out to defend the settlements instead of the highest ranking member having to do it as they all just do nothing.

Edited by sciris1212

seriously it pisses me to no end how Bethesda makes you the general yet doesn't have any real impact or importance to gameplay. I mean I know there is the mode "general of the minutemen" but that doesn't work anymore since its never been updated and I would just love to be able to give orders to them and have the ability to send minutemen out to defend the settlements instead of the highest ranking member having to do it as they all just do nothing.

I got about ~60% done with a mod that along those lines. Basically you could create special martial plots that would host a 4-6 person squad that would attempt to do appropriate Minuteman radiant quests. There were different kinds of squads that covered different enemy types (heavy's for super mutant/gunners, exterminators for ghouls/bugs, stealth for hostages). It did Pen and paper style combat simulations against the enemy types at the locations. They would recover power armor, retreat when heavy damaged or members were killed and looted rare components and combat armor. Which then would be used to upgrade their equipment. They started as level 1-3 with simple armor and pipe/improvised weapons and would level up. (And they very much could die, which would disable the squad until they recruited a replacement) I think the last thing I was worked on was allowing combat armor mods to the generals uniform (which provided a boost to the squads when worn).

Ultimately I stopped working on it as when I realized that it may not be interesting to play. Essentially your exchanging a bunch of low level stuff like stims, basic materials like steel and fertilizer (they could craft some supplies like ammo), and food/water to bypass the radiant quests.

If there was enough interest maybe it could be reworked and salvaged.

I believe there is already a mod that lets you be a "leader" of a squad of soldiers, and you tell them where to go, who to fight, etc etc.

I've forgotten the name, but will reply to this thread once I do find it.

I believe there is already a mod that lets you be a "leader" of a squad of soldiers, and you tell them where to go, who to fight, etc etc.

I've forgotten the name, but will reply to this thread once I do find it.

I believe the mod you are looking for is FCOM (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14946/).

Yes, this is the one! ^^

• 2 months later...

Another option might simply be to play around with mods like We Are the Minutemen (recently updated), and Militarized Minutemen (one of the best minutemen mods on the Nexus) and Amazing Follower Tweaks. This is the setup I use to create my team of Minutemen Rangers and they look great! Add in a few weapon mods and you have a VERY military / special forces assault squad.