• Please log in to reply
4024 replies to this topic

Ucross

Ucross

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,303 posts
Please report bugs here.

Screenshots and save files are very helpful. Most bugs seems to come from improper installation or a conflict on the player's machine. Please double check to make sure your install is correct before posting bug reports.

zazuza7

zazuza7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Reconnaissance ability description in-game is wrong. It states that it gives 2 battle scanners while it actually gives 3.

With save scum off after Reloading a save once I got a different outcome of my shot(a miss instead of a hit) and then it didn't change anymore.
I think it is 2nd time I experienced this. I'm pretty confident that moving and shooting with my soldier was my first action of the turn. Any thoughts on what I could've messed up or is that a bug?

Edited by zazuza7, 05 July 2018 - 10:09 PM.

Ucross

Ucross

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,303 posts
In response to post #61578352.

Spoiler

Thanks for the report on Reconnaissance - it's fixed in the next version.

Save scum is pretty deep coding that I can't really touch so unfortunately I don't know much about why it wouldn't act as intended.

faffler

faffler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
I've noticed that pods on UFO missions (crashed or landed) no longer start patrolling towards XCOM after you activate the command pod. This is really noticeable on the bigger UFO maps where pods will remain completely static in some corner of the map until you walk up to them.

Was this behavior something that ended up getting axed as a result of all the pod activation changes?

Edited by faffler, 06 July 2018 - 05:30 AM.

szmind

szmind

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
In response to post #61587892.

Spoiler

That might be related to my "prevent double move" fix. I worried it could stop aliens patrolling. I am curious if aliens patrol AT ALL in last versions of Rebalance. If they do - the issue is not related to my fix then. On the other hand I think that "hunting last lurker" was always an issue on larger maps - wasn't it?

faffler

faffler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
In response to post #61587892. #61591282 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I'll try to pay close attention to alien pod behavior as I play more. I only slowly noticed that this was happening as I played my most recent campaign. Pods do seem to be very static right now on UFO missions at least.

Hunting the last pod down could be an issue on some of the big maps, but it was definitely a lot faster in LW 1.0 when the command pod was dead. On one landed abductor in Rebalance v1.18.9 I had two unactivated pods that sat indefinitely at the far edge of the map after every other alien was dead.

Edited by faffler, 06 July 2018 - 08:41 AM.

faffler

faffler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
In response to post #61587892. #61591282, #61591372 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I messed around a bit on a landed raider. I passed ~20 turns without any of the pods (3 left at the time) moving at all. I then activated one pod and ran away to the other side of the map. Hunt mode didn't activate at all, the other 2 unactivated pods remained static.

Here is a save from the mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xbKlzz9_fCxNdSMakousV3f0THHXjd3i

Edited by faffler, 06 July 2018 - 09:44 AM.

szmind

szmind

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
In response to post #61587892. #61591282, #61591372, #61592347 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

So - I think it is my debugger's fault (hmm, in that case 'bugger' would be more suitable :) ). 80% sure it does prevent pods from moving. I have implemented a fix. Try it out with your save. I have currently pure LW installed cause I am working with AzXeus on larger project to get rid of pseudo code at all :)

Fix is here - just overwrite the LWDebugger.u in CookedPCConsole with this one. Pods should get moving with "double move" still prevented.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qRXQQsa1t8fD8PEdH_T9Ie-fGKfpNeX2/view

Edited by szmind, 06 July 2018 - 10:50 AM.

zazuza7

zazuza7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #61578352. #61584092 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant so I'll try to write more clearly.
With save scum OFF I rarely get different outcomes(I think I should always get the same outcome) out of my shots(while I believe my action order is the same).

Edited by zazuza7, 06 July 2018 - 11:57 AM.

bturner1

bturner1

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #61578352. #61584092, #61594237 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

This, unfortunately, is how it has always behaved for me. If you reload, the first result is different but then subsequent reloads match. It's definitely not a Rebalance bug. I should add that I don't reload like this very often (only after the game does something buggy or I misclick). My theory is that, in certain conditions, there is something about the in-memory game state that doesn't get saved correctly (or, more likely, the game state is incorrect in some way but gets corrected during the save). Therefore, the reloads gives a slightly different, albeit consistent, game state. It may only happen like this in certain buggy situations. For example, I remember trying to get a save to demonstrating strange behavior with teleporting pods, but the pods would always behave differently after the first reload (but consistently with subsequent reloads).

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.925 seconds