[LE] Created books can't be activated or moved in-game

I've imported the first Witcher book (The Last Wish) into 40 books, and as the title says, I can't activate/open them I've created in the CK in-game. Not only that, but they're static. I created the texture for the book used (which means I duplicated a book mesh and replaced the texture).

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I figured it out. I'm a dumbdumb. Don't use the hipoly books for the actual book mesh you choose in book creation! Use the low poly book.

Edited by Gearhog

Just to be sure, did you duplicate a book in the Item/Book section of the CK and then add/replaced the old text with the new text? You would then just need to place it in the world someone -- drag and drop it anywhere in any worldspace.

Something to keep in mind: I believe when you drop an item into an interior place (ie. Sleeping Giant Inn) VS in the "Tamriel" worldspace it will "belong" to that location/faction, meaning you have to "steal" it to obtain it. Setting the faction of the reference to "playerfaction" seems to allow you to obtain it without having to steal it... since it's already yours, hehe.

Not sure if any of that helps.

This site is quite helpful — https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Book

Edited by justinglen75

Glad you figured it out :smile: That's pretty helpful.

Thank you for the suggestion! Sorry, I didn't see it before.