Creation Kit 64 Crashes While Loading Specific Oldrim ESP

I am trying to convert this specific mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58322 ) to SSE but the CK keeps on crashing while loading it. I know the mod "works" on form 43 but I'm not trying to take any chances. I already optimized the meshes, checked for errors in SSEEdit and took all the usual steps to converting it, just can't get the CK64 to load the esp, please help.

Forgive me if this sounds stupid - but did you install the whole mod (including textures and nifs) to SE before trying to open the file for converting? Sometimes this helps. If you did, make sure to have Bethesda.net scan/repair the Creation Kit.

BTW: Good idea to convert those rabbits. TBH, I also converted some "cute little creatures" type mods for personal use... ^^

Yes, I installed the mod, then tried to load the .ESP in the creation kit and it just crashes the creation kit while loading up. The mod works fine as it is. I'm just trying to convert it to form 44 to be safe

I hate to say this, but only time the Kit crashes on me when loading an esp, is when it is full of Errors! Just sayin', it might not be the case here, but load it in xEdit, and check, that should be the first port of call, when an Esp refuses to load in the Kit anyway.

I down loaded rabbits & it loaded fine, didn't crash. my best guess is, you had lots of mods installed, & the Kit will sort thru that while loading! Try uninstalling ALL, just have Rabbits & It's requirement in the data folder. Cause mate, when your working with the Kit, less is best.

Oh verify both SkyrimSE thru Steam, & Kit64 thru BethNet be fore you do anything.

Cause I don't think un-installing mods for Rabbits is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way for you is to download sse nif optimiser first and install it. Create new folder outside of Skyrim e.g. on your desktop. extract whole mod files into that folder. Launch nif optimiser and browse for your folder you previously created on your desktop, find in that folder subfolder "meshes" select that folder and click optimise. wait till is finished, close nif optimiser, open your folder and copy all files into your Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder including esp file. After that load your CK, click data, double click on update esm and the mod esp, make sure mod esp is active and load it. wait till finish, then click save. after that you do what you want to do. In any other way CK will crash if you try load esp which includes HDT.. usually skirts, high heels and so on. Before you want such mod load into 64bit CK you have to remove HDT dependancy from mod, usually with xEdit, save esp changes, copy esp to Skyrim SE and load it into 64bit CK.. have fun

[...] close nif optimiser, open your folder and copy all files into your Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder including esp file.

Your explanation of the nif updating process is right. I wouldn't recommend simply copying files into your game folder though. Create an archive with 7zip somewhere outside your game folder, then install this archive with the mod manager of your choyce. This way, you can always uninstall the conversion if the need arises. The problem with copying anything into your game folder is that uninstallation becomes a real pain.