hello again folks, i didnt forget about this little project (or you) but i was busy with altering power armor models, it was a productive week for me!
now, since i know nothing about scripting, and i want to stay away from scripts as much as possible, i went for the old way and assigned unused resistances like "frostresist" for each weapon geck. it works, my only problem is the resistances show as "frost res" or "emp res" eventhough i named differently in magic effects. further tinkering with fnvedit showed they are under avif, i guess thats actor value information. i have to find a way to edit the names.
the author of after war nevada did it actually:
as you can see the names are custom. if you can tell me how to do the same thing i'm golden ^^