HELP: How to create/add new star systems and planets? (ME2 & ME3)

LordAmelius

Hi guys, didn't find anything so far about that topic and i need your help:

So the Expanded Galaxy Mod opened up all systems from the trilogy and they even made a new one (Omega 4 Relay System).

My Question is: How to create new Clusters, Star Systems,Planets etc. in Mass Effect 2 and 3? Any Guides for that?

For example, i want to make a new star system in ME2 and 3 in the Local Cluster besides the Sol System -> Alpha Centauri (based on the Cerberus Article from ME2),complete with planets and stars, description etc. but how exactly do i do that?

I hope someone from the Expanded Galaxy Mod sees this as well because i've a question: In the latest version of the mod it is no longer possible to enter the Omega 4 Relay, why did you remove it?

How can i enable it again manually in the game files? Or do i need to use an older version of your mod if i want to see the system? I don't care if entering it was bugged or not (you needed to enter and leave the Omega 4 Relay multiple times to make it work).

Thanks in advance, i would be glad if you could provide me with tutorials and guides!

There was a bug in EGM 1.086 that meant the Omega 4 relay would sometimes not be accessible. It was fixed in the Beta, so it should be available any time after priority:palaven is complete.

Adding new star systems is a difficult process to explain quickly, but a good start is to get ME3Explorer and start playing around with modding the files https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/409.

There is a good wiki http://me3explorer.wikia.com/wiki/ME3Explorer_Wiki , forums and discord chat as well.

As for Alpha Centauri - I believe this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/634 has you covered - plus lots of other systems from the extended lore.

@KkJiro: Thanks for the fast reply, already found the Spectre Terminal Mod for EGM which also adds lore planets & all the good stuff ^-^

It's really amazing what can be done by the community nowadays-i understand that some players don't like MEHEM (even though the bullshit about organics vs synthetics should be replaced by the logical dark energy ending) but it's way better if you just don't mention the reaper's motivations/intentions if you don't have a good conclusion which makes sense.

I thought that it would be nice to combine MrFobs "MEEM" where he does the dark energy ending with "MEHEM", "JAM" & "CEM" etc.

Only changing the dialogue from the catalyst, everything else should be like in "JAM" and "CEM". Is it possible to request a compatibility to him?

So an alternative Dark Energy Ending would look like this:

-First from MrFobs "MEEM-First Ending Mod" the altered conversation with the catalyst about dark energy

-Then you can choose Control, Synthesis or Destroy (blue+green altered like in "MEEM")

-If you choose destroy, everything will be like in "MEHEM" & "CEM"

So it would be like "JAM" only with the altered catalyst dialogue from "MEEM" and "CEM" afterwards!

It would also be necessary to make "MEEM" compatible with Leviathan (hasn't been done so far).

My last question is how the efforts to make custom missions have progressed so far (the only big thing left?), like a new Mission on Kahje (probably looks like Kamino from Star Wars) within EGM etc.

So for example if you've figured out how to use existing environments (the 3d levels you enter in Missions) for custom missions is it then also relatively "easy" to use your own 3d Environments (like the above mentioned Kahje Level or one on a new world) or are that two different things entirely?

I hope that you know what i mean & i'm curious to find out more :D

Best regards & thank you!!

Edited by LordAmelius