Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Where to install BattleTech mod manager?

Smithrp

I have all the necessary files installed and injected but cannot get things to work properly. If I install everything in the "managed" folder including the mod manager itself when I hit the launch button it doesn't seem able to see the "BattleTech.exe" file in the "BATTLETECH" folder to start it, even if I add the path to the launch command box. If I leave everything else in the "managed" folder and install the mod manager in the "BATTLETECH" folder where the "BattleTech.exe" is it will then run the game from the launch button but it doesn't see the mods in the managed\mods folder. I've tried moving\copying the "ModTec.dll" all over the place but can't find the right combination. I do have the game installed on my SSD, my systems drive (boot drive) in the SteamLibrary folder and Steam itself on my E: HHD. Thinking maybe that is the problem not sure why can't get to work. Any thoughts anybody?

3) During the installation process be sure to select your \\BATTLETECH\ game folder where battletech.exe is located

Maybe the mods you have aren't packaged right? If they're just DLLs in the root of the Mods folder then, AFAIK, the Mod Manager won't manage them. You could manually create folders and mod.json files for those.

You'd be better off posting this in the Mod Manager's own Discussion thread.