Summon as ally

Has anyone ever thought that summoning an esper as a non party ally would be pretty neat? like not as a guest or in the party, but instead of the other party members dissapearing the esper summons like any other NPC field ally that follows you around like a puppy and murders things around you. I'd also like to see All 6 party members on teh field at once, but I've heard that the engine itself may limit that fundamentally. It might be an issue for espers to level up if summoned by allies tho. honestly can't remember how or if espers level with this version of the game

I drunk posted this, but did some research into it and it appears it would require a scripted spawn only upon entering an area which isn't so bad, but it would have to call upon their party character data and i'm not entirely sure how to implement that. I'm going to look into swapping out the summoner with the summoned esper which would look far more badass on screen anyway. a full 6 party however I've No idea how to implement within the normal game mechanics, but might work similarly effectively to the summons idea. If your current party dies however that might make things tricky or just immersion breaking when you see two sets of folks. this game hasn't been on pc very long however and more mod talented parties than I may still figure something out. drunk me often has some good bones of ideas

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty sure having summons replace the character that summoned them is a better goal. If I can figure out how to keep the other two+guest in the mix and let them simutaneously summon theirs now that'd be a hoot wouldn't it? this last idea I had I'm not exactly sure where to start digging into to find, but mist abilities gambits would be pretty magical I'd say. Having Ashe gambit replaced with belias when encountering a fire weak foe instead of just spam casting oil/firaga would pretty much be the hottest ticket in town.

I'm tooling around with another idea in the rough of removing ashe and basch from normal character slots and having them function as guests permanently, but this is more just thinking outloud. there's decent chance this would break many non cinematic cutscenes which would require a workaround not to mention all the scripted guest join and leave events. this hairbrained scheme came about as I'm still trying to see if/how to cheat a full party with all characters into the field without breaking s#*!.