Smithing Crafting System Overhaul - similar to Crafting System vom Guild Wars 2

Dakereyas

at first my English is very bad.

there are a few mods who tried Overhaul the Smithing System, but i think there ist still more potential to make Smithing better.

for those who wants Smithing be more Realistic it would be better you need to Craft the Components first before you can Craft your Weapon or Armor itself. At the Anvil you Craft the Components and on the Workbench you combine the Parts. The Quality of the Product will depend on how often you have crafted this.

I also admit that the Smithing Perks of Vanilla Skyrim is awful. The Perks should not be able to Unlock just by level. Iron and Steelsmithing is ok, it's logical that the normal Smithes from Skyrim know about making Iron and Steel Armor and Weapons, but how you know suddenly how to craft Elven-, Orc-, or Falmerarmor? it would be more realistic if you learn this Perks from different ways.

Dwarven-Smithing: Because the Dwemer disappeared it would be realistic if you can discover the Mysteries of Dwarven-Smithing by Dwemer Ruins through reading Books lost there or Inscriptions on Walls.

Elven-Smithing: There could be an wandering NPC an Elf who is an scholar who studies the History of Elven Smithing. This one can teach you the Mysteries of Elven Smithing.

Orc-Smithing: Would be easy to learn in from the Orc-Smith in one of the Orc-Fortress.

Glas-Smithing: the DLC Dragonborn and the Island Solstheim would be a good Answer to this. An Vulcanic-Island where a Skaal-Smith could you teach this Perk.

Ebony-Smithing: There is not much i know about this Material in Skyrim, so i think it could be a Quest for the Divine Zenithar who will teach you the Knowledge about that

Daedric-Smithing: perhaps a small Quest from Hermaeus Mora, who will give you this Knowledge in Exchange for another Knowledge, he didn't know yet.

Dragonbone-Smithing: could be connected with the Main-Quest of Alduin. If you found the Sky Heaven Temple there could be a Secret Champer where you see your Dragonborn Ancestor who crafts Dragonbone Weapon and Armour, so you will learn it from your Ancestor

so, whats your Thoughts about this? :happy: