Skyrim Nexus Endorsement Ratio

leedavis

I found it very interesting that SkyUI had 1.3 Million Downlaods, yet only 14,000 Endorsements. I started to look closer at the details of each Top 10 Mod to see how they compared.

I was amazed at the figures...

As of Sunday, May 20, 12:00AM

Though SKyUI was #1 in Endorsements, Deadly Dragons ( #8 ) had the highest Endorsement Ratio (ER) at 4.193%. This showed me that so many users are downloading and playing these great mods, yet not showing their support. A mere 2.5% (average) of all users are actaully supporting the modders.

I'd like to keep researching these figures on low Downlaoded mods and their ERs to really see if it is Endorsments that matters, or Downloads

Here is a short list of my findings.

***Some mods may have a different ER based on Non-member Downloads***

Endorsements (Ed)

Unique Downloads (Ud)

Endorsment Ratio (ER)

#1 SKyUI

Ed-14,041

Ud-457,890

ER-3.066%

#2 CBBEv3

Ed-10,826

Ud-456,722

ER-2.370%

#3 Qualilty World map

Ed-10,795

Ud-435,201

ER-2.480%

#4 Skyrim HD

Ed-8,858

Ud-418,431

ER-2.117%

#5 RWTT (Realistic Water Textures and Terrain

Ed-7,464

Ud-326,820

ER-2.284%

#6 Better Females

Ed-6,939

Ud-318,848

ER-2.176%

#7 JaySuS Swords

Ed-6,638

Ud-236,253

ER-2.810%

#8 Deadly Dragons

Ed-6,019

Ud-143,535

ER-4.193%

#9 Glowing ore Veins 300

Ed-5,957

Ud-252,882

ER-2.356%

#10 Enhanced Blood textures

Ed-5,831

Ud-348,192

ER-1.675%

Edited by leedavis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally, I always forget to come back to the page after the 3 hours are up to endorse it >.<. Then, when I revisit for an update or something, I'm so excited about the update itself that I forget to hit the endorse button.

For me personally, I always forget to come back to the page after the 3 hours are up to endorse it >.<. Then, when I revisit for an update or something, I'm so excited about the update itself that I forget to hit the endorse button.

I'd be almost willing to bet that this is the main reason for lack of endorsements on things. I honestly never come back to a mod 3 hours after downloading just to hit the endorse button. Instead, I make sure to check my download tracker at least once a week and just thumbs up everything I'm using that I haven't endorsed already.

I sorta wish the powers that be would consider changing it so you can endorse something while you're downloading it, or right after its complete. Since you can always un-endorse something if it turns out to be awful or a download of false promises, I just don't see the reason for the timer on it. Not to mention, the quicker thumbs up might just give new modders the encouragement they need to keep going.

I use NMM to download mods. Regularly, I check the mods I am using with NMM, click on the latest version which takes me directly to Nexus where I downloaded the mod. I make sure then that I have endorsed the mod I'm using and enjoying. It can be days between download and endorsement and I have never noticed any problem to endorse at a later date (3h limit?). After endorsing, I refresh (F5) to be certain that my endorsement has been registered: the sign switch from "endorse" to "un-endorse".

It's my way to say thank you to the modders tribe for all their hard work.

Yes, I agree totally that it's kind of sad the amount of people that are using these mods and enjoying them yet can't take one minute of their time to say thank you. I had a thread like this that I had started but I let it die out since I now have a mod on Nexus and didn't want to be accused of hunting endorsements. It does mean a lot encouragement wise and is really appreciated when people do take the time to leave a comment or endorse.

But, we uploaded our mod because we really enjoyed it and wanted to share it with other people. In the end, if only a few people take the time to show a little appreciation then it is worth all of the time and effort. :thumbsup:

SkyUI mod size: ~1250 kb

Deadly Dragons mod size: ~50 mb

You can download mods without an account on Nexus. However, you have to register an account on this site if you want to download mods that're greater than 2 mb in file size. That means that anybody can download SkyUI, but you have to have an account to download Deadly Dragons.

To endorse a mod, you have to have an account on Nexus. It doesn't matter how big or small the mod file size is, you have to be logged in to endorse a file.

Your 'Endorsement Ratio' doesn't cover this. A large portion of the SkyUI downloads were by people without accounts, and if you can download the mod without registering, why bother registering just to endorse?

/thread

SkyUI mod size: ~1250 kb

Deadly Dragons mod size: ~50 mb

You can download mods without an account on Nexus. However, you have to register an account on this site if you want to download mods that're greater than 2 mb in file size. That means that anybody can download SkyUI, but you have to have an account to download Deadly Dragons.

To endorse a mod, you have to have an account on Nexus. It doesn't matter how big or small the mod file size is, you have to be logged in to endorse a file.

Your 'Endorsement Ratio' doesn't cover this. A large portion of the SkyUI downloads were by people without accounts, and if you can download the mod without registering, why bother registering just to endorse?

This goes some ways to explain things but, still, less than 4% for mods that require an account to D/L? That's still not so good. Geez peeps, the site shouldn't have to change its procedures to make endorsing easier. It's pretty easy as it is and a bit of effort is a small price to pay considering there' NO price to pay.

This goes some ways to explain things but, still, less than 4% for mods that require an account to D/L? That's still not so good. Geez peeps, the site shouldn't have to change its procedures to make endorsing easier. It's pretty easy as it is and a bit of effort is a small price to pay considering there' NO price to pay.

Your saying it's an obligation for people to endorse mods they download. People endorse mods they like. They're not going to endorse a mod to support the modder if they don't like the mod itself.

Your saying it's an obligation for people to endorse mods they download. People endorse mods they like. They're not going to endorse a mod to support the modder if they don't like the mod itself.

How you read that into my post is beyond me. I said no such thing. Like anyone, I don't endorse mods I'm not satisfied with. But I'd wager more than 1-4% of unique downloads are from peeps who are quite happy with the mod. I mean, the idea that anything close to only 3% of downloaders are satisfied with SkyUI is laughable. And there's a lot of very nice mods out there that have a UDL/endorsement ration much less than that.

and forgetting about something has nothing to do with effort

I disagree with that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be self-righteous and say I've remembered all the time to endorse the mods I use. I've forgotten too. But lately I've forced myself to get in the habit of, when I open NMM, to go through the list of mods to check that I've endorsed all the ones I'm liking. It's completely a matter of effort.

Edited by kevkiev