Convert SE mod to LE

Sticz

Yes. I have attempted this very technique (it doesn't work - protest that all you like it doesn't make your claim at all true). I've also attempted other means of trying to trick the game and CK into going along with it. Every attempt has ended with the game either crashing outright or with corruption in the save following shortly after introducing it. The game basically behaves as though you took the mod and shredded it with a copy of Snip.

As for who I am to judge, like it or not, I'm a competent modder with plenty of cred under my belt to be able to assess the truth or falseness of a claim. Yours is patently false, and Reddit is overflowing with plenty of other people who are just as determined to spread false information. So it's no wonder the place where this happens most often is also filled with the most "I don't know WTF is wrong with my game" posts. What's wrong with your game is you're listening to people who are CLUELESS about how to do things correctly and just assume that every single post there is verified as true and working. That's far from the case.

And no, I do not accept as fact what I know to be fiction. You can claim all you want that it works. My own experience and that of others I know to be competent modders says it's a lie. That's the fact here.

You can have all the credibility in the world, and you've made some amazing mods, and it sucks that the conversion didnt work for you... but it worked for me and it HAS been working for me for a long time now. Credibility doesnt change that and credibility doesn't mean you can't ever be wrong. In this case, you are. There's no way you could have done this because it would have worked. The only way it wouldn't have worked, like I said before, is user error (or possibly a mod with SSE meshes because I haven't tried that yet, as mentioned previously). I truly don't believe you've even tried this. And at this point, even if you did, I don't think you'd tell the truth.

And I honestly don't care what you will or will not accept. You've even given me advice in the past and I'm grateful for that... but don't sit here and tell other users lies that I'm trying to "..break people's games on purpose" when I have had this SSE to LE converted patch in my load order for over a year now in an attempt to win over the court of public opinion. You act as if you're looking over my shoulder and playing my game with me. lol Just deal with whatever trauma you described in your last comments following bad information on reddit, but don't put that crap on me because something screwed you up. Your experiences aren't everything in this world. True wisdom comes from always being willing to learn.

But I've given you enough of my time so feel free to have the last word. And that's a fact.

Credibility doesnt change that and credibility doesn't mean you can't ever be wrong. In this case, you are. There's no way you could have done this because it would have worked.

Stopped reading right here. This statement alone tells me all I need to know about what you have and haven't actually done. At this point I don't think you've actually done this and are just trying to make it look like you have because the results you report do not jive with what the rest of us KNOW to be the case with trying to backport a mod.

You are plainly advocating for people to break their games with horseshit procedures that don't work. Period. I don't care what you want out of this but you are WRONG and you're blatantly lying to people for reasons unknown. Internet points aren't worth this so I don't know why you're pursuing them so intently.

it is definitely possible because I've done it myself quite successfully. Here's how:

if it has esp:
create a blank form version 43 plugin in tes5edit
now open it in SSEEdit and copy records from the source. (copied records will have form version 44 in the header but the game still recognizes them)
it now should work as it is but u can also resave it in classic CK
Again, I did this myself with potions patcher for zzawesome potionsxx and CACO. I've been using these mods for months, if not a year now without any issues.

omfg it works!! no ctd so far and been 2 days thx phoenix :laugh:

Edited by DPTorr2000

• 1 month later...

Youre welcome. Glad it worked out for you too : )

And look... This was just released: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/d0jb2m/cathedral_assets_optimizer_50beta_released/?st=K08JI43N&sh=880ad9d1

It does conversions both ways and while in beta, it shouldnt be assumed the creator is trying to â breaks peoples games â, no matter the source saying such things.

So yeah, successful back-porting is indeed possible.

Backporting meshes is not at all the same as trying to backport the .esp file and it's disingenuous of you to imply otherwise.

There is no such thing as a successful backport of the .esp file - which is the most important part of 99% of the mods you'll find out there. Those will break, period. Actively campaigning to break peoples' saves is abhorrent.

It's not possible to backport from SE to LE. Form 44 is not understood by the older game and you'll just end up with corrupted saves as a result of trying. Plus LE will not be able to read meshes in SSE format either.

My issue is that instead of just admitting things can change over time and updates, you are flat out lying (or as you call it, campaigning) trying to instill fear in the masses accusing me of "breaking peoples saves on purpose?" wth is wrong with you? At this point, you are even contradicting things you wrote yourself. So now backporting meshes is different then? lol. Seriously just stop.

I'm glad I quoted this because I see you went back and changed what you wrote on a few things. There's not shame in being incorrect, and admitting it would have been admirable. Shows your character. and it's very disappointing.

• 2 months later...

Â

It's not possible to backport from SE to LE. Form 44 is not understood by the older game and you'll just end up with corrupted saves as a result of trying. Plus LE will not be able to read meshes in SSE format either.

Thanks for the info.

Â

Â

it is definitely possible because I've done it myself quite successfully. Here's how:Â

if it has esp:

Â

create a blank form version 43 plugin in tes5edit

Â

now open it in SSEEdit and copy records from the source. (copied records will have form version 44 in the header but the game still recognizes them)

Â

it now should work as it is but u can also resave it in classic CK

Â

Again, I did this myself with potions patcher for zzawesome potionsxx and CACO. I've been using these mods for months, if not a year now without any issues.Â

Whenever I copy the records from the source file (SSE mod) to the empty esp (from LE), the SSE esp becomes the master of the LE plugin. I guess I'm missing something.

Edit: My mod only needed for the Meshes to be ported, which I did with a tool that was uploaded in this page.

Thanks anyway. If I ever need to port an esp I still have that doubt though.

Also thanks to Arthmoor for not being any help at all and trying to discourage everyone from trying this for whatever weird reason he might have (backups exist btw), because ironically that encouraged me more.

Edited by marianito10

Whenever I copy the records from the source file (SSE mod) to the empty esp (from LE), the SSE esp becomes the master of the LE plugin. I guess I'm missing something.

Apologies for just seeing your message. What you do in this case is that instead of "copy as overwrite" you "Copy as new record" into you new blank esp. Make sure the new blank ESP has any other masters added to it.

ie. You want to port over Vivid Weathers.esp from SSE to LE.

1. Make your blank (name is Vivid Weathers_Temp.esp for now)
  2. Open both esp's in SSEEdit
  3. Click and select all the items below "File header"
  4. Right click and select "Copy as new record" or "Deep Copy as new record"
  5. Add them to "Vivid Weathers_Temp.esp
  6. Sometimes it will ask you for a prefix. Add the first 2 alpha-numeric characters - Here's an example of where you find the number (only you'd take the ones from the Vivid Weather_Temp.esp) : https://i.imgur.com/YVhxk8c.jpg
  7. If it asks you for a suffix, just skip and leave it blank then continue
  8. Click ok
  9. once finished, open the location where Flowers_Temp.esp is located and change it to Flowers.esp (the same name as the SSE version of the file.
  10. Place in your Skyrim LE load order.

... This should make it where you don't need the other as a master