can't interact with animal followers

gorgonopsidkid

so apparently i can't interact with any animal followers. i know this because everytime i try to interact with meeko, i only get the modded options that come with vilja (companion mod) and useful dogs (dog behavior mod). i also find that i can't talk to any other animals, most of which are mods, including dovahbit (rabbit follower) and faallokaar (a dragon follower), and any stray dogs that i find. the only reason meeko didn't up and leave is because i'm pretty sure i had him following vilja at the time. i've seen several other discussions about this online from google searching but no one has come to a conclusion. i don't know if it's related, but kharjo also seems to be broken (won't follow me even though it says he's following me) after installing a dialogue overhaul (problems with talking to animals present before this) and is still broken even after uninstalling the dialogue mod. anyone have any solutions?

here is a screenshot of the menu i get for meeko. i also have UFO installed but i'm unsure if that effects animals.Skyrim_7_9_2018_2_58_40_PM.png