An issue with MGE XE

Zemecton

Hi guys, I've run into an issue with MGE XE and I am not sure how to fix it.
First off, I have the MGE XE beta and the MGE XE advanced materials prototype from here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/26348?tab=description

What I did with these two mods is I unzipped each into their own folder and then replaced any files in the beta with identical files from the prototype and added anything from the prototype that the beta did not have, then I put all the files outside of the Data Files folder into the main Morrowind folder. Everything in the MGE XE Data Files folder was copied into its corresponding folder within the Morrowind Game Files folder.
I also added this mod because two of the mods I downloaded required it:

I followed the instructions in the MGE XE readme document, I turned off the Steam overlay, I started up my game and then exited, then opened the MGEXEgui application as Administrator. I get a pop-up telling me:
"Unable to find Morrowind registry keys. Please run the game as administrator before installing MGE."
When I run Morrowind as administrator and then try to run the MGEXEgui application, I get a pop-up that says this:
"Morrowind appears to be currently running. Please quit the game before running MGEXEgui."
I do have a MWSE.dll extension that was sent to my game directory after I launched my game the first time.
Here are the two mods I apparently need MWSE for - they send me pop-up warnings saying something about longer scripts if I try to launch my game with them turned on:
I also need MWSE for the XE Sky Variations.esp mod that comes with MWSE but it won't let me play my saved games, either, saying something about longer scripts.
Ignoring these pop-up warnings creates the Dirty Save issue - I have backups that are only 3 in-game days earlier so I've deleted all of the saved games with dirty save issues.
So what do I do? Do I need to get the MGEXEgui application working in order to get my three mods working? Because they still are now working. Did I mess up somewhere when I tried to merge the MGE beta and prototype together? Or am I missing something else?
Any advice and/or assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.