(PC) Help! Xbox Controller problem.

CodeNamed1

So I had couple crashes and had to force shut my game. Now that is sorted but for some reason a strange issue apperared after those crashes: everytime after some time when I play with my controller the game freezes and continues after I shut controller and it keeps doing this until I have had enough and switch to Mouse and keyboard :(

So basicly can't play with controller. Anyone have any experience about this kind of issue?? I want to play with contoller, I don't like to play Fallout with keyboard...

Controller is with Bluetooth and I use MO2. HEEEELP!! plz

I can tell you if you have Steam as what installed Fallout 4, check your controller settings while in big picture mode. Turn on controller support there and that will handle things when you use MO2 with Fallout 4. Keep in mind when you want the mouse and keyboard back, you'll need to go back into big picture mode and turn that controller support back off. If there is an easier way to do this I haven't found it yet.

I can tell you if you have Steam as what installed Fallout 4, check your controller settings while in big picture mode. Turn on controller support there and that will handle things when you use MO2 with Fallout 4. Keep in mind when you want the mouse and keyboard back, you'll need to go back into big picture mode and turn that controller support back off. If there is an easier way to do this I haven't found it yet.

No your wrong.. I have steam and I HAD to set all controller support OFF in Big picture mod OR my pressed buttons on the game would be pressed twice, when I really press them only once.. Also in does not matter if I use controller or keyboard and M. I can use both same time.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there, sry about that. The problem is simply that its a ”feature” of the XBOX controller, it basicly means Charge up your battery or switch battery and continue As the battery is running low.

that what it was for me, don’t know about you and I’m still playing :)

OHHH! So basically, that thing where the game pauses and the little pop up that says your battery was low, wasn't showing up on the screen, but was still pausing the game?

That's really wierd.

But yeah, definitely glad ya sorted it out. LOL something so simple.....

{Edit} Actually... were you / are you playing with the steam overlay active? I know that there's been some issues there, with it interfering with some of the other things that rely on overlays (like the pop up for the battery) with this particular game, for a few people. I haven't looked into it recently, but I know at the time I was looking for it, there wasn't a reliable fix for that. For the few people that were having the problem.

Edited by StormWolf01

Yeah but it looked like if “froze” the game.. These days it does not even happen, it just shuts the controller down. So it kinda worked it-self out :)

Glad it was not anything bigger