Photo

I wish to run a non steam game, as a non steam game while using Nexus mod manager.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I would like to know how, and what, and or what launch options i need to do. any advice is appreciated

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 8,210 posts

what's the game?

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

state of decay

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

• Premium Member
  • 8,210 posts

you need to rerun the "check for games" function. if NMM doesn't find it you should point it to the correct folder.

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

well what i want to do is run the game with my mods. but also get the game to run through steam as a non steam game. when you hit launch in nmm

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

sorry if i Lost you =] so I want to basically launch thegame using mexus mod manager so my mods will work, and be able to use the steam overlay. thegame is external steam

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

• Premium Member
  • 8,210 posts
Then you need to set it to play through steam: https://support.stea...=2219-YDJV-5557

Then after installing the mods lauch the game through steam. Though i think lauching it through nmm will still get the overlay

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

it doesnt because nmm launches the game directly, unless I can add a launch option to make it start with steam. or have steam start nmm. ill take a look at the link and get back to you on it. my game kind of broke a bit when started it in steam instead of nmm. which tells me i have to run it in nmm or else. so yeah the save is kinda wonky now. all that time lost but oh well =D as long as i can fix everything i need for good. 

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

• Premium Member
  • 8,210 posts
You don't need to start the game through NMM. If it's behaving weird then a mod is screwing with the game or it's Steam causing the issues.

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

look, I really appreciate everything you are trying to do. but i feel like you dont understand what I am trying to do here. I want to click launch on nexus mod manager, and have the game start in steam as its a non steam game. when i run the game without nexus mod manager some of the mods are not activated. so I would prefer to be able to launch in nexus mod manager. is there a launch option or some way i cause use a launch command to make something like this happen. I know there has to be but I dont know launch commands very well as its been years since i looked at any. I want to find out if nexus mod manager has a way to run something with its launch or if i can go about it another way. I need to figure this out as I would like to have my steam overlay features alongside my modded game.

Edited by Quarren24, 12 July 2018 - 03:46 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.698 seconds