Photo

I wish to run a non steam game, as a non steam game while using Nexus mod manager.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

That's Miss Dr. Sir Inquisitor to you

• Premium Member
  • 8,179 posts
As i said you shouldn't need to launch the game through NMM. I mod State of Decay as well (though i have the steam version) and i never have to launch it through NMM for all the mods to work.

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

of course you wouldnt. steam games have a file and its made so that when you run the exe it auto runs through steam non steam games dont have that so you have to do something to the same effect in different ways. I am trying to figure out what ways I can. =D

Edited by Quarren24, 12 July 2018 - 08:15 PM.

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

• Premium Member
  • 8,179 posts

starting the game through steam or through NMM won't affect your mods in any way. the only reason you need to run your game through steam is the overlay as such you should start the game through steam after you add the game to the steam library. you have done this but now your game isn't working when you launch it through steam. that is not because you are running it through steam instead of NMM as NMM just rust the exe file in the games folder.

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

i didnt say my game wasnt working.

lets start over. 

Edited by Quarren24, 12 July 2018 - 10:13 PM.

qwertyzeldar

qwertyzeldar

• Premium Member
  • 8,179 posts

my game kind of broke a bit when started it in steam instead of nmm. which tells me i have to run it in nmm or else.

you said it broke. if it isn't working correctly it isn't working

Quarren24

Quarren24

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

some of the things I ran just before i put it in steam, didnt work the same way. some of my icons changed as one example.. and i fear i have to start over with a new save, which isnt that big of a deal but i want to make sure i dont have to again.

my bad on giving you the wrong impression that was my fault. I wasnt thinking straight.

Page loaded in: 0.718 seconds