;;;iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
fSunShadowUpdateTime=1
fSunUpdateThreshold=0.5
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000
iPresentInterval=0
;;;iShadowMapResolution=2048
-Questions-
What should be my next move on upgrading my PC?
What settings should I change that will help my performance?
Do ENB shaders like Pheonix ENB take a toll on your frames?
-Mod List-
Currently removed all ENBs I had.
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6 6 ApachiiHair.esm
7 7 LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
8 8 Sneak Tools.esp
9 9 Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
10 a RLO - Interiors.esp
11 b Open Cities Skyrim.esp
12 c MagicalCollegeofWinterhold.esp
13 d Immersive Weapons.esp
14 e AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
15 f Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
16 10 3DNPC.esp
17 11 Cutting Room Floor.esp
18 12 immersive movement.esp
19 13 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
20 14 Realistic AI Detection 2 Lite.esp
21 15 SkyUI_SE.esp
22 16 20 More Perk Points.esp
23 17 VioLens SE.esp
24 18 FNIS.esp
25 19 XPMSE.esp
26 1a RLO - Exteriors.esp
27 1b Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp
28 1c dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
29 1d dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
30 1e RDO - AFT v1.66 Patch.esp
31 1f Nightingale Faster Cooldown.esp
32 20 Vivid WeathersSE.esp
33 21 icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
34 22 infiniteCharge.esp
35 23 RichMerchantsSkyrim_x10.esp
36 24 Joy of Perspective.esp
37 25 Footprints.esp
38 26 RLO - CRF Patch.esp
39 27 RLO - Effects.esp
40 28 RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
41 29 RLO - VIS Patch.esp
42 2a Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
43 2b RealisticWaterTwo.esp
44 2c Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
45 2d MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
46 2e Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
47 2f RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp
48 30 The Brotherhood of Old.esp
49 31 Ferris Perks.esp
50 32 Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
51 33 ZFasterMagicSpells.esp
52 34 Better Dark Brotherhood Gear.esp
53 35 SeeEnchs.esp
54 36 DBM_OpenCities_Patch.esp
55 37 Immersive Encounters.esp
56 38 Clockwork.esp
57 39 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
58 3a JoP - Immersive Armors Patch.esp
59 3b SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
60 3c DBM_IW_Patch.esp
61 3d Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
62 3e DBM_MAS_Patch.esp
63 3f DBM_CRF_Patch.esp
64 40 ForgottenCity.esp
65 41 A0Wette.esp
66 42 RealisticWaterTwo - Open Cities.esp
67 43 MBW Dragon Souls to Perk Points.esp
68 44 Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
69 45 Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
70 46 Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
71 47 imp_helm_legend.esp
72 48 NocGearREPLACER.esp
73 49 Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
74 4a DBM_IA_Patch.esp
75 4b DBM_ISC_Patch.esp
76 4c DBM_RND_Patch.esp
77 4d RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp
78 4e Better Shrouded Armour - SSE.esp
79 4f Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
80 50 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
81 51 Vivid Weathers SE - Summer Season.esp
82 52 DarkerNights.esp
-Notes-
Seems like a lot of mods, but even when disabling the graphics ones like Textures and Skyrim Flora I still get 23 frames on average.
Also sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I'm new to posting on here.

I've never used RLO, so don't know how efficient it is. Nor Vivid Weathers. Those two would cost you, but I don't really see any other mods you have to that would overly stress things. Maybe Magical College of Winterhold, but I doubt it.. since it's just limited to the College. You should stay away from heavy texture mods though. You should be able to get away with that Realistic Water mod you already have. If not, you can set the options to Normal size textures instead of High during install. Maybe do the same with the Enhanced Blood, but I doubt you'd even need to do that.

What's your FPS? Because you're going to be limited to 60 anyways. It's hard to see why you can't already get that. I had a 1060 once and I had room to spare on that. So I'd imagine a 1050 would at least get to 60.

TL;DR

--------

At the risk of getting shot, I'd say to drop Vivid Weathers anyhow. It's junk. It had some appeal on LE, but I honestly don't see why it's still popular on SE. The default game already changed it's weather to that over saturated look that was so popular with some ENBs and Vivid on LE. It pisses me off that mods like that convinced Bethesda themselves to cave in and make their own crappy imagespaces. They had a good thing going with the Legendary weather look (and their concept art before that). It was deliberately blue and lacking some color.. JUST LIKE all winter cinematography. If Game of Thrones adopted the type of gaudy motifs and colors ENB users like, that show would be laughed at. "Winter is Coming" would have no meaning. But only in Skyrim modding world, is it praised. Like everyone wants to play Skyrim, reshaped to look like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.. dancing in a field of colorful lilies. Ugh. /rant :tongue:

In short, since SE's default look already resembles Vivid, you're just needlessly taxing the system for a slightly different and equally crappy oversaturated look.

I've never used RLO, so don't know how efficient it is. Nor Vivid Weathers. Those two would cost you, but I don't really see any other mods you have to that would overly stress things. Maybe Magical College of Winterhold, but I doubt it.. since it's just limited to the College. You should stay away from heavy texture mods though. You should be able to get away with that Realistic Water mod you already have. If not, you can set the options to Normal size textures instead of High during install. Maybe do the same with the Enhanced Blood, but I doubt you'd even need to do that.

What's your FPS? Because you're going to be limited to 60 anyways. It's hard to see why you can't already get that. I had a 1060 once and I had room to spare on that. So I'd imagine a 1050 would at least get to 60.

TL;DR

--------

At the risk of getting shot, I'd say to drop Vivid Weathers anyhow. It's junk. It had some appeal on LE, but I honestly don't see why it's still popular on SE. The default game already changed it's weather to that over saturated look that was so popular with some ENBs and Vivid on LE. It pisses me off that mods like that convinced Bethesda themselves to cave in and make their own crappy imagespaces. They had a good thing going with the Legendary weather look (and their concept art before that). It was deliberately blue and lacking some color.. JUST LIKE all winter cinematography. If Game of Thrones adopted the type of gaudy motifs and colors ENB users like, that show would be laughed at. "Winter is Coming" would have no meaning. But only in Skyrim modding world, is it praised. Like everyone wants to play Skyrim, reshaped to look like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.. dancing in a field of colorful lilies. Ugh. /rant :tongue:

In short, since SE's default look already resembles Vivid, you're just needlessly taxing the system for a slightly different and equally crappy oversaturated look.

In my skyrim.ini file I added a command called blockFrameRate=0 so it's not even limited to 60 and it's still 20 frames lol. I don't know what is going on. I also turned those graphic mods off like RLO and Vivid Weathers and yet I still get 20 frames. I'm most certain it's something to do with skyrim prefs.ini or skyrim.ini in the display category but I don't want to tweak it myself in case I kill my game even more.

Edited by Devious780

TL;DR

--------

In my skyrim.ini file I added a command called blockFrameRate=0 so it's not even limited to 60 and it's still 20 frames lol. I don't know what is going on. I also turned those graphic mods off like RLO and Vivid Weathers and yet I still get 20 frames. I'm most certain it's something to do with skyrim prefs.ini or skyrim.ini in the display category but I don't want to tweak it myself in case I kill my game even more.

I wouldn't suggest messing with the FPS, since the physics are tied to it. Without it tied down, all kinds of wonky things happen.. carriages doing cartwheels, mammoths jumping 500 ft in the air. Unless you like that sort of thing :P

But if you're still only getting 20 frames, you wouldn't see it. And yeah, 20 frames is bad. Not sure what could be causing it. You might be better off just letting the Skyrim launcher reset things to their defaults. Press "Ultra" or "High" on there and see what your framerate is like afterwards.

TL;DR

--------

I wouldn't suggest messing with the FPS, since the physics are tied to it. Without it tied down, all kinds of wonky things happen.. carriages doing cartwheels, mammoths jumping 500 ft in the air. Unless you like that sort of thing :tongue:

But if you're still only getting 20 frames, you wouldn't see it. And yeah, 20 frames is bad. Not sure what could be causing it. You might be better off just letting the Skyrim launcher reset things to their defaults. Press "Ultra" or "High" on there and see what your framerate is like afterwards.

Ill try to see if that works but if not, guess I'm out of luck then.

TL;DR

--------

At the risk of getting shot, I'd say to drop Vivid Weathers anyhow. [...]

*pulls an arrow out of his quiver" :cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist. ^^ Of course tastes are different. There's just one thing I disagree with: Neither Vivid Weathers nor any other weather mod costs much performance. None of the different weather mods does. In fact, it's the ENB presets most people use together with their favourite weather and lighting mods, that really take a hit on performance. Simply using a weather mod is fine.

BTW, if you don't like a colorful look, NAT might be for you. Or Aequinoctium. Both rather subtle, "naturalistic" weather mods. ^^

TL;DR

--------

At the risk of getting shot, I'd say to drop Vivid Weathers anyhow. [...]

*pulls an arrow out of his quiver" :cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist. ^^ Of course tastes are different. There's just one thing I disagree with: Neither Vivid Weathers nor any other weather mod costs much performance. None of the different weather mods does. In fact, it's the ENB presets most people use together with their favourite weather and lighting mods, that really take a hit on performance. Simply using a weather mod is fine.

BTW, if you don't like a colorful look, NAT might be for you. Or Aequinoctium. Both rather subtle, "naturalistic" weather mods. ^^

Well, I'm looking for literal Oldrim looks.. rather than approximation. I've been testing two mods.. "No More Mario Sky" (lol) and "Skyrim Legendary Weathers". Both of them copy the imagespaces from the old game, but do it a bit differently. Skyrim Legendary Weathers is cool, but completely turns off Godrays. I want them back.. but keeping the settings at default is also too intense with those colors.

@Devious780 : Cool.. Have fun :)