Is there ANY mod for delaying Taking Independence in the Minutemen questline?

Deleted1790188User

A level cap or something would be fabulous for delaying Taking Independence. I've only done two Minutemen missions and already Preston wants me to take back the Castle! I want to actually get to unite a decent amount of settlements before going after Castle, without having to be afraid of dismissing him without being able to recruit him again. (IIRC, if you dismiss him as a follower after Taking Independence starts, he won't be your companion again until after it's done.)

Anyone know of anything that could help with this? I've looked over the faction mods here and while there are some for slowing the radiant quests, I don't see anything specifically for Taking Independence. I know We Are the Minutemen used to have a feature that prevented the quest until level 15, but apparently not anymore. Thanks so much for any help!

Edited by Guest

My contribution to the wiki may help, you can hoover up settlements without triggering the quest ... if you don't hand any MM quests in to Preston until your ready to do the castle:

• The current number of Minutemen-aligned settlements (player-owned with at least one settler) to trigger the quest can be tested on the PC console with show MinutemenOwnedSettlements. As this value is only updated when you hand in a Minuteman recruitment or radiant quest to Preston, you may have more settlements that meet the criteria than the system recognises.

Thanks! I guess that'll have to do - not to seem ungrateful because I do appreciate the help! I just wish there was a way I could safely dismiss him without not being able to get him back until after Taking Independence. I can gather up settlements, but the minute I have enough - and unfortunately I already do - he'll only talk about that if I dismiss him right now. Ah, well. I'll just glue him to my side and try to keep him as long as I can, for now.

Guest deleted34304850

Thanks! I guess that'll have to do - not to seem ungrateful because I do appreciate the help! I just wish there was a way I could safely dismiss him without not being able to get him back until after Taking Independence. I can gather up settlements, but the minute I have enough - and unfortunately I already do - he'll only talk about that if I dismiss him right now. Ah, well. I'll just glue him to my side and try to keep him as long as I can, for now.

could you send him off to the castle and never meet him and the minutemen in the little diner until you're good and ready?

i've done that previously - it sends him away and then i go about doing whatever i want to do, and at some point later on i'll go there, take the castle and all is good with the world?