Exporting a character's body to a nif file?

Jyotai

Is there anyway to export the actual shape of the body of a character I make to a nif file?

I've figured out exporting bodyslide presets to nif files, and I've figured out making character presets for Enhanced Character Creation and for Race Menu - but I want the combination of the two: as in the character as it looks on my screen when I log in - as something to export and use for a custom standalone NPC.

(I've figured out making standalone NPCs using a combination of exported bodyslider and the 'nose type 32' of ECE that is an export of your most recent face - but even putting in values above 100 or below 0 into bodyslide doesn't give the same fine tuned tweaking of shape you can get out of using ECE or RaceMenu - as those add additional morphs).

I imagine most of you figured this out in 2012, but I'm new here (so I only have SE, oldrim isn't sold anymore), and google is failing me on this - all searches I try keep coming back to face export, exporting out of blender, or to making presets - and not 'skyrim made character body to nif export'.

Edited by Jyotai

• 6 months later...

Hi.

Im looking to do similar also, have you found out how to do it at all? i want to use my race menu face and cbbe body with race menu body morphs>?

Thankd

ZMD

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to export the actual shape of the body of a character I make to a nif file?

I've figured out exporting bodyslide presets to nif files, and I've figured out making character presets for Enhanced Character Creation and for Race Menu - but I want the combination of the two: as in the character as it looks on my screen when I log in - as something to export and use for a custom standalone NPC.

(I've figured out making standalone NPCs using a combination of exported bodyslider and the 'nose type 32' of ECE that is an export of your most recent face - but even putting in values above 100 or below 0 into bodyslide doesn't give the same fine tuned tweaking of shape you can get out of using ECE or RaceMenu - as those add additional morphs).

I imagine most of you figured this out in 2012, but I'm new here (so I only have SE, oldrim isn't sold anymore), and google is failing me on this - all searches I try keep coming back to face export, exporting out of blender, or to making presets - and not 'skyrim made character body to nif export'.

Hi.

Im looking to do similar also, have you found out how to do it at all? i want to use my race menu face and cbbe body with race menu body morphs>?

Thankd

ZMD

-Launch bodyslide

-Select the body you would usually use for your non-outfit character, example CBBE Body

-Select or create a preset you wish to use

-Hold the control key on your keyboard and press build at the lower center of your bodyslide.

-Navigate to your \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide

-you can take the nif files femalebody_0(1) from there to use

-Launch xedit- modify the "WNAM - Worn Armor" field in their NPC record

-change pathing from nif in nifskope (dont forget facegendata)

• 10 months later...

This does not completely solve the problem as Racemenu slides work differently from Bodyslide slides.

n RaceMenu you can achieve much higher/lower values than in Bodyslide.

Ideally it would be a way to export UUNP Morphs or CBBE Morphs from Racemenu, but so far I have not found any means.

Edited by TheNordHero

AFAIK, there's no way to export a body changed within Racemenu to a .nif file. If you want "WYSIWYG" style body transformations, you have to work in Bodyslide only. BTW, you can "extend" the slider range in Bodyslide by typing in values manually. The program accepts negative values (e.g. -20) as well.