Textures 'sometimes' black, but upon closer look...

Kanori24

So I get these odd blackening of certain textures every now and then. The textures in question are the Fair Skin Complexion textures for my characters and the textures for nordic ruins. I have edited both.

I only began seeing the blackening of the nordic ruins textures after I edited them. I used BSAopt to extract the textures, edited them, then set them up as loose files. But like I said in the title, they are only occasionally black. However, if I move the camera close to the surface, the textures will be revealed, as well as some distinctive triangular lines.

I believe I missed a step when editing these textures... and yes I have plenty of VRAM. I have used ordinator to drastically reduce the memory load of the textures. Included a pic show how the closer the texture is to the camera, the more it is revealed.

Edit: Sometimes my character's face or their entire body goes black when I pull up racemenu, or pick up a book in game.

G5bWS6m.png

Hi, I used GIMP. All I really did was desaturate them a little, and did not change any other attributes such as compression, etc of the .dds.

I have done a lot of retexturing and editing of textures in my game. Just really curious as to why the 'blackout bug' seems the affect only these two texture sets... Hmmm..