Trying to Find a Missing Head

IAmDarkPhoenix

Honestly, probably well over 300+. And somehow they are all playing nicely (minus the missing face)

I could attempt to list them all but that would take some time plus I'm afraid I'd miss a few. Is there something else we can try first?

I can speculate conceptually what is likely to have caused the issue (a mod that adds a new, unique morph for that NPC via a UTC, without the new, corresponding MOR), but as to exactly what mod might be responsible, or even what files belong to Headless Random Ambient Alienage Elf... I got nothin'. (Sorry, I know that's not particularly helpful. :confused: )

Does the NPC have any conversation or a 'floaty' name? That would certainly narrow things down... #needle-in-a-haystack

Edited to say that from the positioning in the screencap and surrounding NPCs, I believe that is probably 'bec100cr_ambient_m_3'... but since his vanilla morph is 'em_bec100_ambientm3.mor', I'm not sure what to think... it seems unlikely (or at least, not logical) that someone would replace a morph that 'belongs' to an NPC, even if it is re-used elsewhere in the game.

I guess I'd look for a modded UTC for the character - bec100cr_ambient_m_3.UTC - and if one exists, see what MOR it is supposed to be using. (UTC files can be opened with pyGFF; the relevant field is 'HeadMorph', under 'Appearance Data'.)

Edited by theskymoves

hahaha! No worries you're basically confirming that I was thinking. Yeah, the character name is "Elf Man" lol. It's making it a pain to find...

With what you said, I'm thinking there are the two mods I can think of that may be capable of what you said: Improved Atmosphere or DA2 Elves for DAO - Retain Variety

UPDATE: Looks like it was a corrupted .mor file. When I tried to open 'em_bec100_ambientm3.mor' inside of Improved Atmosphere, it pyGFF said it was an 'Unsupported file'.

Once I deleted it, the head was back. So I replaced it with one of the Fereldan Model elves .mor files and it works! :dance:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTMt9I0kiIGg4C1C8lSGgZHZcL79PrW4

Thanks for the help and direction, as always :smile: