Cant connect to the Nexus Mod server, cant even download the manager.

Darklarik

Hello, after almost 2 years, ive decided to re-install skyrim and dive back into its world, I installed the full thing, DLCs and latest SKSE included, then i ran into a bit of a speed bump.

I was using a mega outdated version of the mod manager... so, i went to the site, re-activated my account blah blah, and i couldent download the manager from the site. The connection would time out to the server. I checked my Anti-virus, disabled it, no luck. I disabled all adblockers, no luck. Nothing i did allowed me to download the manager from the link on the server, it would always time out.

Finally went and downloaded it via GitHub from Duskdweller, and installed his latest version of 0.65.8. I tried downloading the first mod, Skyrim UI. Same error i got from trying to download the manager. After like, 5 attemps, i managed to download the UI, but it gives me an error when i try to install the mod. I cant download any other mods, not even manually. They all cant connect to the server, i have no way of getting the mods. I tried re-installing the mod manager with version 0.65.2 from GitHub. Again, error in trying to install the UI mod i did manage to install. And i tried downloading 2 other mods, both from via de Nexus mod manager or manually, i cant connect to the server. When i log into the manager, it tries to search for updates, and says it cant reach the server to verify.

What the hell do i do? My internet is working fine, ran a speed test and everything...

Edited by Darklarik

Hello, after almost 2 years, ive decided to re-install skyrim and dive back into its world, I installed the full thing, DLCs and latest SKSE included, then i ran into a bit of a speed bump.

I was using a mega outdated version of the mod manager... so, i went to the site, re-activated my account blah blah, and i couldent download the manager from the site. The connection would time out to the server. I checked my Anti-virus, disabled it, no luck. I disabled all adblockers, no luck. Nothing i did allowed me to download the manager from the link on the server, it would always time out.

attachicon.gif3.png

Finally went and downloaded it via GitHub from Duskdweller, and installed his latest version of 0.65.8. I tried downloading the first mod, Skyrim UI. Same error i got from trying to download the manager. After like, 5 attemps, i managed to download the UI, but it gives me an error when i try to install the mod. I cant download any other mods, not even manually. They all cant connect to the server, i have no way of getting the mods. I tried re-installing the mod manager with version 0.65.2 from GitHub. Again, error in trying to install the UI mod i did manage to install. And i tried downloading 2 other mods, both from via de Nexus mod manager or manually, i cant connect to the server. When i log into the manager, it tries to search for updates, and says it cant reach the server to verify.

What the hell do i do? My internet is working fine, ran a speed test and everything...

I've been having the same issues today too, it seems to be downloads of any kind are down. I've tried using another computer along with a different internet connection, what it seems like is servers for downloading are down.

- Side note also had a friend test it out too downloading via nmm and manual and he is also having the same issues

Well this is sort of a relief because it shows the problem is the servers and not me.

Update: I Definitely think its the servers. I managed to download 2 mods (out of 30 attemps) via the manager, so its clear the problem is with the server i believe/hope. I still cant manage to download a single Manual download (Been trying to get the FXAA post P injector), keeps crashing telling me this:

This site can’t be reached

cdn.nexusmods.com took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Ive disabled my firewall, run on a different proxy, tested my connection via speed test (im writing on the forums after all), and run a network diagnostic which said the site was up but couldent be reached. Nothing seems to work.