SKSE Save Growth- Status : Continual

LuciaRym

Hello.

I am new here and I wanted to ask for some help in regards to a problem that I honestly have no idea how to fix or how to approach, so please be patient with me while I try to address this issue.

First of all, a little bit about myself, I've been modding for, 4 years give or take, and I know how to trouble shoot most issues and have been able to follow certain guides to the letter when it came to installation process, Crash Fixes, LOOT order.

Secondly, I have NOT crashed. Yet. But here is the issue at hand...

As you can see, my SKSE file, which is saved alongside my ESS file is growing. And I do not know why. I KNOW ESS is supposed to grow because that keeps track of quest progress and your game in general, but the SKSE file is supposed to just keep track of modifications and SKSE script saves.

A few questions I had in mind to start this conversation topic is first, what goes into an SKSE file. From personal experience I know that character modifications like face sculpting and NIF files go into it.

The reason this is a problem is after seeing side by side information of friends and other modders, their respective profiles of SKSE saves do not grow and stay at a constant 55kb or so. I would like to know the reason for this and perhaps an insight in to how to fix it. I can post load orders, and other things but...honestly I just wanted to bring this into attention before I start posting the other hard line data and if anyone can actually help me fix the problem.

Thank you so much.

As requested I will post my Mod Watch Load order here, as you can tell its not exactly expansive. I try to keep a minimalist profile usually surrounded around just character appearance, and maintain a modicum of basic combat functions.

https://modwat.ch/u/LuciaRym/plugins *

As you can tell the majority of the mods are just plug in fixes from this guide,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74427/?tab=description

-*7/16/2018 _ 10:46 PM - Updated Active Mod-list to narrow down potential problems with SKSE Save Increase. Not sure what's causing it at first I thought it was TK Dodge, Lock ons, even HDT but... still goes up in increments as shown by image.

https://imgur.com/uY7ZGNi

One Test I would like to do is have someone use the guide above and then check if it still goes up in a full Vanilla State. Perhaps a feature of the Memory Allocation patch since I don't see this subject explored. But overall, my mod list is continuing to be dwindled.

Alright, so. I found out that XMPSE is the culprit. Not sure exactly why. I actually removed all my mods till I had simply 6 left. Now that I removed XMPSE I now have a steady 31 KB size SKSE file while my ESS file grows, as expected...