Cant move during certain times in third person

SirSnagglepuss

I'd appreciate any help, My problem is similar to this, but instead, my first-person mode can only look up and down, while my third person can seemingly walk and attack like normal but can no longer interact with either doors, NPCs, and the like. This has happened to me more frequently, but it had happened on an older save once. I'm thinking it's something to do with joy of perspective, the physics, or the modded weapon I happened to have. I've ctds only once, saving me some time, but in the majority of the cases I've had to task manager my way to freedom.

IDK why this happens, whether it's an intentionally malicious bit of code or just crappy programming, but whatever. It happens (and almost predictably after completion of certain often-installed... ahem... animations).

Anyway...when it does happen, I've found that initiating a crafting station animation *seems to reset things to normal with a high reliability (I have yet to see it not fix the issue). And yes, that means getting yourself to some crafting station, be it smithing or potions or enchanting. Something in the animation of the character beginning and ending use of the station usually clears the issues (for me) . Of course, getting there from a dungeon can be a real PITA when your view is kerfuffled. Outside, you can just fast travel to some known location that has them (ex: whiterun is a good one, since the armor shop is right inside the gates along with its grinding stone, leather station, forge, and armorer's bench, any of which will do the job.)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I assume this isn't a long term fix just something that can do the job, yes?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I assume this isn't a long term fix just something that can do the job, yes?

it's not a fix to the underlying problem, it's an "on the spot" repair (within the qualification of having a crafting station nearby to use...although on occasion I've seen mounting a horse or kissing a follower can also fix it - these last two being more hit and miss) for at least some player view issues (pan, zoom, pan & zoom, etc become inactive, or player becomes locked in first person, locked in third person, etc ), and it requires that you're still able to select (something that can also "accidentally" become inactive or disabled, which for me most often means exiting the game then reloading the game and a save from before the lockup occurred)

• 3 weeks later...

it's not a fix to the underlying problem, it's an "on the spot" repair (within the qualification of having a crafting station nearby to use...although on occasion I've seen mounting a horse or kissing a follower can also fix it - these last two being more hit and miss) for at least some player view issues (pan, zoom, pan & zoom, etc become inactive, or player becomes locked in first person, locked in third person, etc ), and it requires that you're still able to select (something that can also "accidentally" become inactive or disabled, which for me most often means exiting the game then reloading the game and a save from before the lockup occurred)

So, I haven't been in a position to use your quick fix and seemingly it hasn't occurred that much, since I started commenting in this thread, but things I have noticed is if I can't see it in the first person I can't interact with it at all, so if there is a door in front of me while walking around in the third person I won't be able to do anything with it. Another thing I noticed, is, though not every time, but most, I'll have a weapon (sword/mace/waraxe) in my hand even after I've put it away. I'm thinking it has something to do with the game freaking out whenever that happens, maybe the xp32 skeleton mod is causing it? I use the other animations like swords on the back and such. I'm only coming back to this thread now because I just ctd, but only after trying to reload a previous save.

It's not a panacea. Sometimes It just doesn't work. As far as interacting with control elements (E-to open this or that), try walking back and forth. sometimes you can get the "link" to pop up. But if you can't, sometimes the only response is to load an older save.