Yes I know we have loads of clothing mods... but almost none of it reflects the fashion of the late 50s early 60s which is Fallout's aesthetic. Basically most of the clothing mods are very modern looking and not exactly lore-friendly? Yes fallout is fantasy, I get it. And those mods are fantastic! Not bashing at all! Just looking for something more 'time period' friendly. Especially as a mod pack or overhaul.

"50s Feminine Outfits" is a great start! However it only edits clothing that already exists.

He's some pics I dug up of late 50s fashion to show you what I mean:

50s-dresses.jpg
1955-dresses.jpg
7ad8388f52a06f4b4e4bd9fec517743f--vintag

I think this is a real cool missed opportunity here! I hope others feel the same!
Thanks!

indeed, thanks for sharing your research there Sizzybubbles.

i'll send a long-form inbox shortly,

though indeed, it's a what-the.

There are however a couple of options in the interim;

"Rockabilly, Roller-derby, SuckerPunkt etc", those add a lot of neat meshes with a retexture SA-RD-Remix framework, there's lots of options.

The rockabilly set also had a set with the 'bikers leathers/ combat garb" stuff too.

there are "shabby chic" mods which add garments in a lot of patterns and mish-matched/ eclectic style,

there's then "Better Regionalizations" ---> |cultural garments| etc,

which add different localizations/regionalizations and garments too.

That mod "Schubert Doobert and the MysteriousCrew"

also added a number of garments replete with retextures.

"Rockabilly, Roller-derby, SuckerPunkt etc", those add a lot of neat meshes with a retexture SA-RD-Remix framework, there's lots of options.

The rockabilly set also had a set with the 'bikers leathers/ combat garb" stuff too.

there are "shabby chic" mods which add garments in a lot of patterns and mish-matched/ eclectic style,

Could you post links, please?

Links please? I can't find any of these even on a google search. Thank you for the suggestions though!

This is a really neat idea...I'm not experienced with clothing, so we'll see if anyone is interested. In the meantime, a mod I'd recommend is Femshepping's Summer Shorts. I think it adds some good variety to the summer shorts options.

I forgot to mention Summer Shorts! Thank you for posting! Great mod!

• 9 months later...

For the next person to get here from the future, montky's suggestions (under the Spoiler tag in his post) must either have been private mods or perhaps he was having a stroke. The lack of links really make me feel like he was trolling us, both in the thread and in the future. If so, well done, montky, well done. I spent nearly half an hour searching for these mods on every platform I know, including, y'know, THOSE sites. Nada.

Now, future person, if I am just inept with searching (not an unreasonable possibility) and you actually find these, please, for the love of God, post links in this thread for the next wanderer that comes by. Thank you.

• 3 years later...

Well hey there folks of the future looking for sane clothing mods, have I got a couple for you!

For male clothing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28629

For female clothing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20105
The female one just overhauls the already existing clothes. Worry not though, as it won't affect the original meshes intended for men.

Have fun!