Console command for free cam?

ZedLeppelin

Don't be afraid to use console comamds. Just be careful. And yes you can do things to your game that could cause you to re-install. But as long as you're careful, read everything and ask question (like you are now ) you'll be ok.

I am by no means an expert on console command useage. I use it with caution and I haven't had a problem yet. The camera functions you are intrested in are pretty tame so I wouldn't freak out. I use them all the time. Go slowly and have some fun taking some great pics. Would love to see your work.

Don't be afraid to use console comamds. Just be careful. And yes you can do things to your game that could cause you to re-install. But as long as you're careful, read everything and ask question (like you are now ) you'll be ok.

I am by no means an expert on console command useage. I use it with caution and I haven't had a problem yet. The camera functions you are intrested in are pretty tame so I wouldn't freak out. I use them all the time. Go slowly and have some fun taking some great pics. Would love to see your work.

Thanks for the good advice. Do you happen to know the answer to this question (in bold)?

For tc, toggle controls driven, it says this "If used when highlighting an NPC, will transfer control to said NPC, but any command input will be passed in addition to the player unless player.tc is used to remove control.". So how does this work? Do you select an NPC, type in tc, and then type in player.tc? Also, how do you undo this? How do you make it so that you don't control the NPC anymore, give control back to your character, and get things back to normal?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason TFC 1 is not working for me. The screen freezes, but I am unable to move the camera at all. TFC works fine, freeing the camera to move around but without freezing anything. Am wondering if I am forgetting something here, or if it is a glitch in my game. Any ideas on why this is happening, or how to fix it?

how can you walk with say, the camera in front of you.

360 Walk and Run Plus

To be technical you install the option that allows your character to always face the direction of travel. This means you can "go backwards" and your character will be facing towards the camera. Thus allowing you to see your character's pretty face as well as where you've been. Downside? When you stop or equip weapons, you'll do a 180 turn.

• 4 months later...

old thread so sorry for activating it again but I have a problem with the tfc command. Whenever I use it the camera seems stuck in the player's head and I can't seem to get out of it. I've tried in both 3rd and 1st and no fix I can find works. Just sort of staring at the inside of the head lol. Odd problem but if anyone knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Thanks for reading this and again apologies for opening an old thread.