Fallout 4 Mods won't activate

SnowScale

I've worked a bit longer than I should having downloaded plenty of mods and made sure they all work together and such, Booting up The Script extender as well, yet Even with The game having them activated in the mod tab in the correct order, nothing actually happens. Just want some help with this issue.

First of all Ensure that your game is setup for modding:

Go here: C:\Users\Your Computer Name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Open Fallout4.ini - Search for [Archive] - and Add this line if it does not exist:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

If it does exist, simply make sure that it is written as is, and does not have additional text after the Equals Sign

Now in the same place as fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini add a new Ini File and Call it: Fallout4Custom.ini

Now Open the Newly Created Fallout4Custom.ini and Add this:

[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
Save it, and now your game is setup for Modding. now go in game and see if the mods work.
if the above does not fix the issue then proceed below (Click on *Show* button to View Content, the *Show* button is next to the word *Spoiler* Click on It):
if the above does Fix the problem, then ignore the rest of this post.

what do you mean by *nothing actually happens*, can you be more specific

example, the game does not boot up, the game crashes upon selecting a new game, or you can get in game fine, but literally no mod has content in game.

Edited by Guest

Ah, I should have been more specific yes, I have done your suggestion and it hasn't changed much, And the problem is the game loads perfectly fine, just not a single effect of any of the mods has happened. Nexus Mod manager has them active, then fallout itself says it's activated.

Ah, I should have been more specific yes, I have done your suggestion and it hasn't changed much, And the problem is the game loads perfectly fine, just not a single effect of any of the mods has happened. Nexus Mod manager has them active, then fallout itself says it's activated.

Make sure you start the game with the f4se_loader.exe and not with the regular launcher.