[LE] Quests "broken" and cannot be started or stage set

Hey there!

I've encountered an issue with the CK and custom quests I couldn't get a hold off yet. I've absolutely no idea what might cause this or how to solve it properly.

It has happened to me twice now that a new quest cannot be started (by no means, be it through script or console), nor can its stage be set. SetStage MyQuest 10 and GetStage MyQuest gives out a 0. MyQuest.isRunning() gives out false as well.

I've tried fiddling around with values, thinking that I might have overlooked something. The first time that happened to me I created a new quest item (with a different questID), set it up the exact same way as the old one and it worked properly.

I tried that again with another quest now, but through removing the old one with SSEdit and creating a new one with the same questID. It didn't solve the issue, and it wouldn't be a viable option in this case anyway because it would mean remaking all dialogue, scenes etc.

I'd love to give you more information, but I really have no clue what's going on here. I don't mark my quests as running from start, running once or whatever else. Stage 0 is always the startup stage. Those quests don't have to be visible to the player, everything gets controlled through scripts, so there's no conditions, logs or whatever.